Digital Marketing Specialist - 6 Month Contract - Elder Abuse Prevention Ontario
Digital Marketing Specialist – Contract Position
Elder Abuse Prevention Ontario (EAPO) is a registered charitable, non-profit organization mandated to support the implementation of the Ontario Provincial Strategy to Combat Elder Abuse. The Strategy focuses on three Priorities: Community Coordination, capacity building by Training of front-line workers/caregivers/community networks/agencies or service professionals and through educational forums, raising Public Awareness of the complexities of elder abuse and neglect and this impacts the quality of life of older adults.
EAPO envisions an Ontario where seniors feel safe, respected, have a strong voice and are free from abuse.
"Stop Abuse, Restore Respect"
Vision for the Role
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Digital Marketing Specialist (DMS), will work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, to develop and implement a robust marketing and communications plan. The DMS will lead its execution, measure/evaluate and report on steadily progressing and successful outcomes - ensuring consistency of brand promotion and key messaging, to diverse audiences across all sectors regularly engaging with an aging population and enhancing the profile of EAPO and its work in the community.
Overview of Key Responsibilities
- Strategy and Planning-ensure the plan reflects a consistent brand/image and is optimized through well managed SEO and CMS strategies
- Content and Collateral Development – develop content, concepts and themes for target audiences and events like Knowledge Exchange Days, World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD)
- Brand Communication, Audience Engagement and Stakeholder Relationships- seek out and build relationships with like-minded organizations, influencers and media outlets to promote prevention of elder abuse and resources available to help those in need
- Digital Marketing –ensure digital plan and processes align with overarching increase in the organization’s profile and outreach
- Measurement & Evaluation- monitor, track and report on KPIs to inform improvements to strategy going forward
Due to COVID-19, this initial contract is a 100% virtual engagement and carries the potential for renewal, based on performance and available funding streams.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills Required
- Post-secondary Education (Degree or Diploma) in Multi-media Communications, Journalism, Public Relations and/or 5 year (minimum) experience in DMS Role, preferably in the non-profit/charitable human services sector and an awareness of relevant issues in the field of aging
- Excellent grasp of marketing fundamentals, social media and website development best practices, to increase engagement and followers
- Demonstrable Project Management skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong computer/tech skills using various software/tools like: Microsoft Office, WordPress, Google Analytics, Adobe Suite/Photoshop/Illustrator, Image & Design, Apps, Blog creation, Canva, Piktocharts (data visualization),video production/editing and animation, Survey Monkey, Constant Contact applications to creating online forms and PPTs. Able to train and support others on staff.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and developing online tools and resources for public consumption.
- Implement a CM plan, lead SEO strategy, monitor, analyze and report on digital activity performance, capturing proper evaluations and reporting mechanisms to ensure EAPO is meeting deliverables
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic relationship building skills, to foster collaborative and effective partnerships with multiple stakeholders. Ability to interact/work effectively with colleagues and diverse communities, while reliably meeting targets and deadlines.
- Superior but versatile (written and verbal) communication skills, to communicate clearly and concisely with public, policymakers and practitioners within EAPOs community partnerships
- Fluency in English. French and other additional language(s) will be considered strong assets.
- Hours are flexible but deadlines for meeting targets once set, are essential throughout the term of the engagement.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and for an initial contract term of 6 months. Options for an extension are contingent on performance and the renewal of funding by government. EAPO is seeking the right individual, to effectively help the organization meet and surpass the growing needs of its stakeholders and community partners.
To apply, please quote: # EAPO-DMS-2021 and provide your C.V. and covering letter, as well as (3) recent references, no later than end of business day February 25, 2021:
- by mail:
Elder Abuse Prevention Ontario, Cummer P.O. Box 38628 Toronto, ON M2K 2Y5
- by email: email@example.com
Elder Abuse Prevention Ontario thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. EAPO is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about Elder Abuse Prevention Ontario, please visit: www.eapon.ca.