Digital Fundraising Strategist - Canadian Wildlife Federation
Your Connection to Wildlife
As one of Canada’s largest not for profit leaders in wildlife conservation, research, and advocacy, we are seeking to fill the following position…
Digital Fundraising Strategist
Option to be hired as full-time contract employee or independent contractor.
The Canadian Wildlife Federation (CWF) is a national not-for-profit charitable organization dedicated to ensuring an appreciation of our natural world and a lasting legacy of healthy wildlife and habitat. By spreading knowledge of human impacts on the environment, developing and delivering educational programs, conducting research, promoting the sustainable use of natural resources, and advocating for effective wildlife policy and regulation, CWF strives for a future in which Canada’s wildlife is conserved for generations to come.
The Digital Fundraising Strategist has a key role in the development and integration of the digital fundraising program. This work includes the creation and enhancement of the digital fundraising channels, with a goal of promoting CWF’s mission and to significantly increase fundraising revenues associated with these activities.
The candidate for this role will have relevant experience in building and executing digital strategies (acquisition, growth, retention, reactivation), with a proven success record for improving donor KPIs and program ROI. They will be proactive, forward-thinking and enthusiastic individuals, able to see the big picture but with a concern for detail and quality communications.
The candidate will evaluate the existing digital strategy and identify ways to enhance it, while ensuring it aligns with overall fundraising strategy, objectives, and themes across other fundraising channels. The candidate will be a collaborative leader, able to work effectively with related business units developing the online fundraising initiatives. They will distill multiple sources of program and campaign information into digital fundraising communications strategy to help reinforce fundraising messages (present in other channels) in a consistent, coherent manner.
The candidate will have the necessary business skills to scope requirements (informational, analytical, operational, creative) and be able to build cohesive strategies and activities needed produce and actionable, scalable, and successful strategy.
The Digital Fundraising strategist reports directly to the Chief Revenue Officer and will work closely with other CWF staff, contractors, partners, and supporters.
- Evaluate the current online fundraising program and supply recommendations and detailed workplan moving forward.
- Collaborate with CRO, Mark/Comm and other related business units to develop program strategy.
- Identify opportunities to integrate Conservation and Education content into online fundraising initiatives.
- Identify new online revenue streams through innovative tactics, new technologies and advancements in online fundraising activities.
- Promote the vision, mission, values of CWF
- Establish program performance and donor KPIs.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to identify new fundraising opportunities, streamline processes, and grow fundraising channels.
- Assist CRO with annual budgeting for digital program.
- Establish target annual revenue goals, and support organization’s overall revenue goals, and building upon existing fundraising strategies and relationships.
- Research, prospect, pursue, solicit, secure, and steward online donors.
- Develop reporting metrics associated with the digital fundraising program by collaborating with fundraising and operational teams to collect data and supporting materials necessary to fulfill requirements.
- Collaborate across all program teams and leadership, as necessary. Work closely with Mark/Comm, Conservation and Education departments to support strategic development, content, themes, etc.
- Assist in the develop digital materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines, degree in Marketing or Communications will be preferred.
- 3+ years of online fundraising and/or direct response experience
- Experience with digital analytics, budgeting, and program optimization
- Proven track record of effective online program development and revenue generation.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. (Strong documentation skills)
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task, prioritize, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong Microsoft Office and CRM skills.
- Deep understanding of donor life cycle and donor segmentation.
- Ability to organize work, prioritize, and delegate to meet deadlines, using sound judgment
- Ability to lead, influence, and negotiate
- Prior experience working with Raisers Edge, Luminate Online or other fundraising databases
- Prior experience working in a non-profit organization, desired
- Experience in a non-profit organization.
- Experience working in an environmental/conservation organization.
- Demonstrated experience with Raiser’s Edge, Sage 300, and Sales Force software.
- Demonstrated prospect research skills.
- Creative writing skills.
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset.
- This position is located out of Head Office in Kanata, ON. Temporary remote work is available as per Covid-19 regulations.
- Candidate has an option to be a full-time contract employee of CWF, or to be hired as an independent contractor.
- Overtime may be required.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position is open until filled.
HOW TO APPLY:
Cover letter and resume should be submitted by applying below. Only the candidates who meet the qualifications and experience for the position will be contacted for an interview.
We thank you for your interest in the Canadian Wildlife Federation.