Digital Fundraising Officer - Royal Ottawa Health Care Group
Position: Digital Fundraising Officer
Regular Full-Time (1.0 FTE) Days
Program: Royal Ottawa Foundation for Mental Health
Location: Royal Ottawa Health Care Group
How you will create impact:
If you are an digital native and innovator who has a great sense of humour, unshakeable work ethic, who loves to have fun, has a deep passion for supporting mental health care and research and ready to change the world – then you may well be our perfect new team member. The Royal Ottawa Foundation (ROF) is seeking an experienced strategically minded digitally focused communications professional. You will work closely with the ROF’s Communications Director, campaign and fundraising team members to develop and implement ROF’s digital plan.
The Digital Fundraising Officer will essentially develop the suite of ROF digital platforms. You will create content and maximize ROF’s digital opportunities for income generation to help deliver our mission to deliver best in class digital campaigns.
The ideal candidate lives on their phone and understands how algorithms and data drive fundraising and digital engagement.
They will have high digital, organizational and communications skills.
They will work as part of the Communications team in close collaboration with the Data and Development teams.
Summary of the job:
Implementation of the digital fundraising strategy, source, and create mission-driven content and drive ROF’s digital campaigns to increase online giving and donor stewardship.
There is a strong focus on creating opportunities for donor engagement in gender equity campaigns, donor renewal, new donor acquisition and donor retention strategies with a donor-community-strategic fundraising approach.
Digital Fundraising & Stewardship - 40%
- Assist in developing and implementing a digital fundraising strategy to grow online giving with a specific focus on online donor acquisition – single gifts and monthly giving donors;
- Assist in developing and managing stewardship plans for online single-gift and monthly donors, in conjunction with the data and development teams;
- Ability to query, segment and analyze data for reporting, identifying new growth potential and data trends;
- Test digital fundraising strategies to determine the best approach for donor retention and acquisition;
- Increase acquisition of email subscribers and individual donors;
- Collaborate with other ROF teams to align and enhance digital fundraising campaign across our social media assets;
- Manage timelines for each campaign to ensure they meet deadlines;
- Identify opportunities to increase revenue;
- Identify and research potential new funding streams mainly via digital channels;
- Identify and implement necessary improvements to the website and donation system to increase online giving;
- Monitor and report on digital fundraising donor acquisition and retention, and all digital fundraising campaigns;
- Develop, administer and synthesize results of our digital donor surveys;
- Work with Manager, Donor Engagement Philanthropy Officer to ensure donor data is captured accurately in our donor relationship management system;
- Apply best practices and follow policies, regulations and digital and privacy laws.
Content creation – 40%
- Content creation and development for ROF digital platforms, including website and social media channels as it pertains to revenue generation, stewardship and donor acquisition;
- Responsibility for the development of digital media materials to support fundraising and communications work, including design and production of short videos, infographics, multimedia materials, etc.;
- Collaborate with the Communications and Development teams to gather content for fundraising appeals, e-newsletters and digital stewardship;
- Connect directly with various internal/external stakeholders to arrange for interviews, content, video and photo opportunities;
- Edit content to ensure messaging is compelling, and it meets ROF messaging and branding guidelines.
Data analysis, Reporting, Fundraising Operations – 10%
- Management of the ROF social media assets and processes particularly as it pertains to reporting and metrics making use of Google Analytics and other similar tools;
- Produce campaign reports and donors lists for divisions regularly and as requested;
- Assist the Development and Event teams with the day-to-day relationship building with external stakeholders relating to digital fundraising (including corporate partners – digital stewardship-, potential funders, third party event leads, developers, web and donation platform providers, tech support).
Intra and Cross-team collaboration - 10%
- Support in the identification of funding and grant opportunities for ROF’s core work in conjunction with other team members;
- Work as a full member of the ROF team, assisting with additional fundraising and communications tasks as and when required;
- Provide back up to the manager of data as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- To work in a manner that is in compliance with staff and patient/client safety practices, policies and procedures of The Royal.
- To ensure a work environment that is conducive to The Royal’s Harassment- Free Workplace policy.
- The successful candidate will work closely with our highly effective team to build on the work already done by ROF and bring us closer to delivering best in class, digital campaigns.
- The successful candidate will be an innovative professional with exceptional digital, fundraising,
- communication, networking and relationship management skills. They will be comfortable creating multimedia content and coordinating our online communications platforms, including our website.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously, with great attention to detail, strong organization and planning skills. Exercises discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Post-secondary education: Diploma/Degree in Marketing/Communications/Fundraising/multimedia communication
- Blackbaud digital platforms, Luminate and RENXT
- 3-5 years of experience in annual fundraising, with specific expertise in the area of digital fundraising;
- Demonstrated expertise using Blackbaud/Luminate and Raisers Edge software;
- Demonstrated experience of digital campaign deployment and advertising using Facebook, Google Ad Grants and other social media and digital platforms;
- Demonstrated experience in digital content creation, including the development of multimedia content including video, image and editing skills;
- Strong knowledge of current and developing online fundraising strategies, social media, mobile and new technologies;
- Experience developing and implementing a digital strategy, including content development for fundraising purposes or equivalent (digital marketing for revenue generation);
- Proven ability to maximize existing income streams and identify potential new fundraising opportunities;
- Ability to lead projects to meet expected outcomes on time;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks;
- Demonstrated experience using Drupal, WordPress, Office and Adobe suites and knowledge of a donor relationship management systems is an advantage;
- Graphic design is an asset;
- Knowledge of non-profit sector an asset
- Exceptional writing, editing and presentation skills in English and French knowledge is considered an asset.
Date Required: ASAP
- All applicants must provide a recent resume that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications.
- Please apply directly at https://www.theroyal.ca/careers/external-postings?p=job%2Fo9iVdfwj
- The Royal sincerely thanks all applicants for their interest in a career with us; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- All new hires will be required to obtain a clear and valid Criminal Record or Vulnerable Sector Records Check as a pre-condition of employment.
- The Royal is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the recruitment process.