Digital Content Specialist - The Logistics Institute
We have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Content Specialist at The Logistics Institute. We’re looking for someone who will work collaboratively with our Management Team to uphold the brand pillars, purpose and tone of all Logistics Institute social media and community engagement platforms. This person will maintain the brand look and feel, while developing and executing high quality content across all channels with a focus on growth, reach and engagement.
The Digital Content Specialist will create and maintain a strong online presence and implement marketing strategies to grow our company’s brand. Our ideal candidate is a highly-skilled communicator with a positive attitude, knack for building an online presence and creating relevant brand content. If you are goal-driven and ready to make a big difference in an entrepreneurial company, then this opportunity is for you!
Who we are: The Logistics Institute is a not-for-profit professional organization delivering certification programs to practitioners primarily in, but not restricted to, the supply chain and logistics industry. With international headquarters in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, the Logistics Institute develops and maintains a network of supply chain logistics professional communities around the world. Our vision is to develop leaders who transform organizations as change agents with the competitive edge to create customer value and the competence to sustain that value. Through our competency-based programs, which integrate leadership and supply chain logistics competencies, we challenge logistics practitioners to reinvent themselves as: Thought Leaders | Solutions Architects | Professionals. Learn more about us at: https://loginstitute.ca/
What we offer: A positive corporate culture and working environment that encourages open communication, teamwork and collaboration. We provide ongoing training, support and opportunities for growth. This is an opportunity for you to use your skills and innovative ideas to reach our audience and implement new strategies. The Digital Content Specialist will take an active role in all aspects of content creation and distribution on behalf of The Logistics Institute.
This is a full-time position from Monday to Friday, working remotely temporarily due to Covid-19, and at the Institute offices in Toronto on a regular basis.
- Actively participate in the development and execution of an integrated social media and marketing strategy that results in new followers and professional members, more engaged professional members and increased sales while upholding The Logistics Institute’s mission and values
- Curate, schedule and post content on all social media channels including: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Create and execute regular email marketing campaigns; maintain and update internal community database
- Create compelling digital designs to accompany social media posts and email campaigns including infographics, posters, branded photos, graphics, etc.
- Create post/campaign schedule and monthly content calendar for social feeds, timelines, stories; post content Monday through Friday and on particular awareness days/holidays
- Build social media following and monitor accounts for engagement; respond to inquiries, reviews; general maintenance
- When in-person events and meetings resume - create organic content by capturing photos and videos; must be comfortable recording video content and getting in front of a camera for social media content
ANALYTICS & REPORTING
- Review and aggregate analytics across social media channels, internal community databases, and website traffic regularly to inform content and strategy moving forward
- Analyze website traffic and origins
- Create regular reports on analytics, presented in a deck for Management Team to review
- Monitor brand consistency across all digital and traditional marketing materials including website, social media, email and print
- Set up and monitor Google alerts for brand mentions
- Monitor industry / learning and professional development trends and news on all social media platforms; discover audience preferences
- Actively participate in the development of the organization’s strategic communications goals, and the annual and long-term plan to achieve them, with the direction and support of the Management Team
- Provide support as needed for activities enabling digital marketing
- Consult with Management Team at regular content meetings to provide reports and updates on post schedule/content calendar
- Collect feedback and brainstorm opportunities to further the collective success of the Institute
- Manage repository of all digital marketing materials (logos, graphics, etc.) used
- Communicate regularly via email, phone and video conferencing tools such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams
- Consult with Management Team on website for content updates and changes as needed
- Other projects as required
- BA degree or Post-secondary education in Social Media, Marketing and/or Communications
- Related academic or professional experience –- new graduates are encouraged to apply
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding in managing LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram social media business accounts using Hootsuite or a similar platform and providing regular analytics updates
- Knowledge of content marketing, market segmentation and similar community engagement techniques
- Impeccable written and oral communications skills with a keen eye and visual aesthetic to continue building the Logistics Institute brand
- Ease with all technology, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and ease with Mailchimp or equivalent platform
- Strong copy writing, research, verbal/written communication and editing skills
- Creative thinker, with a desire to stay on top of trends and ability to adapt and learn new tools and platforms related to social media
- Must be a team player and have the ability to excel in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment
- Superior management skills with outstanding planning and organizing skills
- Broad knowledge of best practices in public relations, including social media, community and government relations and advocacy
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a respectful and collegial approach to decision-making and the ability to collaborate with colleagues
- Comfortable working with numbers, metrics and spreadsheets
- Familiarity with Google Ad Grants, social media paid advertising and SEO / SEM tools is an asset
- Video editing capabilities is an asset
- Familiarity with website development or maintenance is an asset.
Expected start date: May 2021
Salary: $35,000 - $37,500
Comprehensive benefits package (dental, extended healthcare, vision care) paid 100% by company, following 3 month probationary period.