Digital Content Management Specialist - Parkinson Canada
Parkinson Canada is the definitive voice for the Parkinson’s community in Canada. Our purpose is to transform the lives of people living with Parkinson’s. We do this through research leading to better treatments and the end of Parkinson’s, advocacy bringing the voices of Parkinson’s to the forefront and support that helps people live well with Parkinson’s through education and services.
A national registered charity, Parkinson Canada operates through the generosity of donors and is an accredited organization under the Imagine Canada Standards Program.
As a Parkinson Canada Employee, we believe in being:
- Bold by embracing new ideas and confidently taking action.
- Compassionate by striving always to walk in the shoes of those we serve.
- Collaborative by working cooperatively with all stakeholders so that together we can achieve more.
- Trustworthy by keeping our word and always doing what we promise.
WHAT WE NEED
In this position, the Web and Digital Content Specialist will be responsible for utilizing the company website and supporting e-communications to deliver an integrated and unified Parkinson Canada brand for stakeholders and public engagement. In addition, the successful candidate will ensure the promotion of Parkinson Canada as the charity of choice to support those impacted by and/or living with Parkinson’s.
We are looking for a results-oriented and high-performing professional with strong organizational, prioritization, collaborative, and project management skills. Please note, this role can be based anywhere in Canada. Don’t miss the opportunity to join our team!
As the successful candidate, you will bring your “can do” personality, superior customer service, and exceptional communication skills to fulfill the following responsibilities:
Management of Website Operations
- Maintain, track, and update the Parkinson Canada website using WordPress and WordPress user accounts for employees to optimize security, performance, usability, and engagement for visitors.
- Train incoming employees on best practices, security and privacy, and posting procedures.
- Identify opportunities to employ new content and page structures and maintain continued education of new technology methods and processes in order to meet current and anticipated company needs.
- Troubleshoot technical problems, establish written procedures for web processes, and monitor workload results by preparing appropriate documentation to ensure continuity and prevent business interruption.
- Support the Parkinson Canada strategy by ensuring provided tools and technology allow internal clients to achieve business goals and strategic outcomes, such as donor services, CASL compliance and data capture, and digital marketing and engagement.
Digital Communication Content Production
- Develop, implement and maintain various online communication vehicles, such as newsletters, email templates, Google AdWords, social media and online apps (SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube), webpages and microsites.
- Assist in the construction of web and digital content for Parkinson Canada education, research, and advocacy initiatives, such as Parkinson’s disease blogs, Parkinson’s Awareness Month and Parkinson SuperWalk.
- Collaborate with Resources Development team to effectively use embed and campaign codes, and track online revenue, stewardship and awareness campaigns while implementing Web 2.0 Technology.
- Coordinate scheduled and unscheduled e-communications for the Communications and Marketing Teams and internal stakeholders to ensure engagement and information updates and requests.
Contribute to Team Effectiveness
- Participate in team meetings to discuss ideas that deliver strategic priorities, to support team members and departments, and build collaborative relationships with all Parkinson Canada colleagues nationwide.
- Completion of required training in compulsory systems to effectively meet company and team needs, and occasional overtime to meet production deadlines.
WHAT IS NEEDED TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- Post-secondary education in a related field or related experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience, within a non-profit or charitable organization is an asset.
- Intermediate proficiency in content management, including WordPress themes and plugins (current versions of HTML including mark-up, importing and exporting images and files and content management systems including development, deployment and troubleshooting).
- Intermediate knowledge of server systems and file transfer methodology (Apache, IIS, NGINX, FTP servers/clients, and similar).
- Graphic design skills for digital communication an asset, such as working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign, are an asset.
- Experience with online fundraising applications an asset.
- Experience working with a bilingual web property is considered an asset.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
Join a team that celebrates diversity and inclusion and values work-life balance. We offer comprehensive benefits, generous time-off and vacation and opportunities to make a difference. If you are passionate about applying your knowledge, skills and experience to improve the lives of Canadians living with Parkinson’s, then this role is for you! Please submit your résumé and cover letter in confidence, with the reference #VDCS-0720 in the subject line, stating salary expectations by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 5, 2020.
Parkinson Canada is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Parkinson Canada is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.