Digital Communications Manager - The Learning Enrichment Foundation
Digital Communications Manager
Internal and External Posting
The Learning Enrichment Foundation (LEF) is a not-for-profit (with a social enterprise mindset) which provides a multidisciplinary and holistic set of supports for members of our community including those who are: in transition, new to Canada, out of the workforce, and a host of other individual circumstances. We currently knit together Settlement Services, Child Care, Employment Supports, Skills Training, and Language Training.
If you want to join us, you need to understand that it is the little things that often have the most impact; it is through supporting and empowering individuals and families, (indeed the community as a whole) that we achieve our goals.
LEF is a growing organization and as such, any candidate hired into this position should find opportunities for a rewarding career with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We have a great compensation and benefits package and employ self-directed go getters who thrive on innovation and best in breed practices. If the potential of our impact excites you, then consider joining our team.
For more information about the Learning Enrichment Foundation, please visit our website at www.lefca.org
We are seeking a strategic, creative thinker, and passionate digital arts professional for the role of Digital Communications Manager. This position has two key areas of responsibility:
- Innovative and best-in-class strategic thinking and execution related to the company’s digital communications across all platforms.
- Bringing creativity and clarity to all organizational communications in compelling ways that are meaningful, engaging, and impactful.
We are looking for an exemplary individual who knows that extraordinary content and communication of ideas can only be realized with a compelling story, through both copy and visual design, clear objectives, and well-organized project management. In this exciting opportunity, we are looking for someone who can share information across multiple digital platforms.
This individual is responsible for the planning, leading, creation, dissemination, and analysis of engaging digital content across LEF’s social platforms, website, and email. Reporting to the Director of Digital Communications, the incumbent will collaborate with, and lead the digital marketing team.
This role emphasizes having a strong people management skillset. Therefore, a focus on team development and engagement is important and key to program and client success.
Overall Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop and project manage the implementation of digital communication plans.
- Develop annual and quarterly Digital Storytelling and Communications strategy plans that are aligned and measured to communication and revenue objectives.
- Think creatively to find innovative ways to engage online audiences.
- Leverage data and analytics to drive better strategy, storytelling, and content creation for the organization.
- Develop and manage content planning for LEF’s online communication channels, including internal and promotional emails, E-News, social and blog posts.
- Develop copy guidelines and implement basic training across the organization.
- Engage leaders to shape their narratives to ensure coherence and consistency.
- Prepare weekly and monthly data analytics reports with assessments and recommendations.
- Stay up to date with new digital technologies to identify and integrate new marketing methods and programs where appropriate.
- Promote social media within LEF and empower staff to build their online presence, adopt new media tools, and engage community members through different social channels.
- Design original assets for social media platforms and LEF’s website using Adobe Creative Suite, (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier) social design tools (Adobe Spark, Canva).
- Identify and make recommendations for expanding LEF’s online presence based on target audiences.
- Create guidelines and support materials that educate staff and internal stakeholders on LEF digital brand standards.
Content Planning and Output
- Plan, generate and publish high-quality, engaging content across all social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Google My Business, LinkedIn, Telegram).
- Think creatively to find innovative ways to engage online audiences utilizing technologies, A/B testing, and other data-driven tools to improve digital content and promotions.
- Co-develop messaging toolkits to aid cross-promotional social media campaigns.
- Facilitate or supervise online community/follower engagement.
- Engage with staff & volunteers to gather materials and develop content that reflects the organization’s trajectory and programming.
- Research, generate and pitch blog post and article ideas. Also engage staff/volunteer writers, as needed.
- Organize and maintain the organization’s (SharePoint, OneDrive) image collections, including production videos, photography, graphics, logos, communications templates and licenced or custom digital assets.
- Creation of detailed project/action plans for implementations along with regular reporting, budgeting approvals and tracking.
- Leads direct reports through thoughtful coaching and mentoring.
- Oversees department team members, providing appropriate support, development opportunities, recognition, challenge and motivation for the team
- Performs regular performance reviews against goals and day to day work.
- Completes annual Contribution Grid assessments for all direct reports.
- Scheduling the team for weekly hours, approving time-off requests and managing absenteeism in a proactive manner.
- Provides ongoing information to the team on strategic and work plans; and how their work supports those.
- Holds regular team and individual check-in meetings to ensure open, ongoing support and communication.
- Work closely with other teams such as Human Resources and Digital Communications for resources to support the team.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3-5 Years of experience in Digital Communications and content creation
- Post-secondary degree in digital media marketing, social media marketing, English, creative writing, or communications at the college or university level
- Experience with copywriting
- A passion for creative writing and visual storytelling, with various techniques and skills to turn those ideas into communications that deliver on function, strategy, and style
- Strong project management skills that deliver ideas in ways that meet deadlines and leave lots of room for planning and creativity.
- Solid understanding of how to communicate to different audiences, with experience planning content, editing copy, and managing timelines
- Demonstrated cultural competency related to both interpersonal and external communications, centred around equity and inclusion, respectful, and responsive to the needs of diverse audiences, and communities
- Ability to think quickly, take initiatives, and collaborate comfortably
- A good track record of progressively responsible experience in digital media marketing and communications, with some experience with newcomer, charitable or related sectors
- Not for profit work experience
- Passion for continued learning
- Innate skills demonstrating a sense of urgency, diplomacy, tactfulness, and sound judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated team-building skills
- Experience working and managing a team remotely would be an asset
- Must be able to work from a home office with the flexibility to attend to LEF offices when required
IMPORTANT TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Good skills and knowledge of YouTube, LinkedIn, email, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram marketing as well as content creation
- Excellent understanding and skills in graphic design using Canvas, Adobe Spark and Adobe Creative Cloud (design suite)
- Strong understanding of effective SEO strategies related to digital marketing and leveraging brand storytelling
- Ability to produce and develop interactive graphics, edit photos and video content with some background in high-quality video, graphics and/or photo editing
- Knowledge of digital storytelling, social media platforms, and how to amplify content across multiple mediums
- Strong proficiency in keyword research tools, analytics and data reporting
- Experience in gathering and using data to guide editorial content strategy along with the ability to interpret data and share insights in a meaningful way
- Experience using Microsoft 365 platform and systems is an asset
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered, applications must be received by:
Posting Date: May 4, 2021
Closing Date: May 31, 2021 – by end of business day
Please note: We thank all applicants for applying, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The Learning Enrichment Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to complying with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We also adhere to all Public Health and Ministry of Labour COVID policies. If you require accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact Michelle Ilelaboye at email@example.com.