Digital Campaigns Manager, Canada - Global Citizen
About Global Citizen
We are an advocacy organisation dedicated to ending extreme poverty by 2030. We do this, in part, by encouraging people to learn and take action on our platform. Those actions apply pressure on world leaders to make commitments on issues associated with extreme poverty, such as citizenship and equity, climate change and biodiversity loss, food and hunger and access to education.
By taking action, Global Citizens can be rewarded with tickets to music festivals and events around the world as well as with artist memorabilia. So far, more than 27 million actions have been taken by Global Citizens, leading to USD $48.8 billion in commitments being made by world leaders, which have already affected more than 880 million lives.
Global Citizen believes we can end extreme poverty by 2030, and that this will be achieved by building a movement of people willing to raise their voices to demand change.
The Digital Campaigns Manager will be responsible for leading and implementing digital campaigns to help end extreme poverty by designing strategies that encourage citizens to take action on a variety of issues. This is not a marketing position.
Core responsibilities include developing campaign actions, email blasts, and social media marketing strategies to ensure our movement of Global Citizens are actively engaged in key policy and campaign areas. The Digital Campaigns Manager will work in close collaboration with the policy leads, partnerships, marketing, product, rewards, content, and country teams to achieve their objectives.
This role will promote the strategic movement of global members ‘down the funnel’, from users who may have signed up to earn a reward, to issue-aware activists willing to take increasingly complex actions to advance Global Citizen’s mission.
This role will work closely with:
- The Digital Campaigns Director (Acting), who will line manage this role, providing strategic guidance, feedback and support.
- Policy and Government Relations Directors who provide guidance on how and when digital campaigns can best contribute to policy wins.
- Our global team of 100+ people, with offices in the US, South Africa, UK, Germany, Canada and Australia.
The Digital Campaigns Manager’s core responsibility is to lead the development and implementation of digital campaigns for their designated markets and issue areas, including:
- Developing key messaging for campaigns to best engage a young audience.
- Setting the calendar for copy-writing and sending campaign emails.
- Copy-writing and building campaign action pages.
- Collaborating with relevant teams to oversee the production of social media, editorial, video and other assets to promote organisational objectives.
- Overseeing the communication and distribution of digital campaign plans and assets internally.
- Collecting, analysing, and reporting key digital campaigns metrics to ascertain success and hone future tactics.
- Leading the management of relationships with key external partners, including potentially representing Global Citizen at meetings and stakeholder gatherings.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4-5 years professional experience working in digital campaigning or digital fundraising.
- Exceptional English copywriting skills, particularly for email marketing, social media and campaigns, with strong knowledge on how to engage a young audience across a variety of global markets.
- Experience planning digital strategies to hit measurable goals.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills and the ability to manage various competing priorities.
- Experience drafting, testing and evaluating the performance of mass-email sends.
- Experience working with CMS, Google Drive and Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrable interest in social justice and equality.
- Strong attention to detail, creative and proactive.
- Ability to spot problems and solve them.
- A sense of humour, team player and a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to show initiative and work with limited supervision.
- Professional demeanour and ability to interact with a variety of individuals and organisations.
Desirable Skills / Experience
We seek candidates who can bring a variety (2-4) of the below skills to the role.
- Knowledge of and/or experience campaigning on international development, the climate crisis/environmental protection, citizenship and equity-related issues.
- Experience working with email deployment software, particularly Iterable.
- Knowledge and interest in the use of data to inform audience engagement tactics, particularly practical knowledge of data analytics software such as Domo and Looker.
- Experience drafting, setting up and monitoring the performance of Facebook ads.
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills.
Why Work for Global Citizen
We are a mission-driven, dynamic, and fast-paced organisation providing opportunities for staff to learn, grow their skills, and to have an impact on some of the world’s most pressing issues. We offer occasional opportunities for international travel to support global events and campaigns.
- Reports to Global Citizen’s Director of Digital Campaigns
- Full-time contract
- Must be authorized for employment in Canada
Global Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Global Citizen strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other protected classification under applicable federal, state, or local laws. In addition, Global Citizen complies with the relevant country laws governing employment nondiscrimination in all our international offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.