Digital and Print Graphic Designer – Summer Student Position - Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
Digital and Print Graphic Designer – Summer Student Position
12-week position starting no later than June 2021
Scope of Position:
Working with the Regional Director, Champlain Community Support Network (CCSN), the position will help to develop digital graphic templates and materials to help amplify our brand (www.ccsn-rscc.org) and help develop a plan for better promotion and awareness of services in community.
Position will be conducted remotely in a work-from home environment.
- Create strong visuals for CCSN in the digital space that are creative, engaging, and informative to our target audience of seniors and those working with senior populations across multiple platforms.
- Support the creation of consistent promotional messaging
- Using graphic tools, design prototypes and templates
- Work collaboratively across the CCSN team
- Create both digital and print materials
- Work from concept through to final artwork as needed
- Clear communicator with the ability to react positively
- Education and/or experience in graphic design
- Strong sense of initiative and self-starter
- Proficiency with Adobe suite desktop publishing tools, including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator and Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, brand identity, advertisements, and multimedia design
- Ability to write and edit in professional environment
Salary and hours:
- Summer Student
- $15.45/per hour
- Ability to work flexible hours
Please submit your resume by midnight on Friday May 7, 2021 via the career portal
Address questions to: Janice Weir – People Services Manager
Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
2 MacNeil Court, Kanata ON K2L 4H7
WOCRC has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please do not hesitate to let us know how we can best accommodate you.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity. Please note however that, due to the volume of resumes received, only those applicants selected for further consideration, will be contacted.