Dietitian - Women's Health in Women's Hands Community Health Centre
Women’s Health in Women’s Hands is a community health centre providing primary health care to Black Women and Women of Colour from the Caribbean, African, Latin American and South Asian communities in metropolitan Toronto and surrounding municipalities. We are committed to working from an inclusive feminist, pro-choice, anti-racist, anti-oppression and multilingual participatory framework in addressing the issue of access to healthcare for WHIWH’s mandated priority populations encompassing age, gender, gender identity, race, class, violence, sexual orientation, religion, culture, language, disability, immigration status and socio-economic circumstances.
The Centre offers the following opportunity for a professional, motivated and dynamic individual to join the team.
6 Month Contract
- Perform nutritional assessments, development of client-focussed nutritional plans, health education/counselling and other clinical activities according to the College of Dietitians of Ontario standards of practice.
- Perform community nutrition needs assessments and identify barriers to acquiring adequate food security and facilitate and support community initiatives to improve food security.
- Facilitate group education classes.
- Participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of treatment, education, nutrition counselling and health promotion programs and services for individuals, groups and the community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in foods and nutrition from a recognized university or equivalent
- Dietitians of Canada accredited Dietetic Internship or equivalent approved experience or graduate degree in community nutrition
- Registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Canadian Diabetes Educator Certification is an asset
- Three to five years clinical counselling and community nutrition experience; an understanding of health promotion
- Sensitivity to and knowledge of the needs of a multicultural, multiracial community
- Excellent group facilitation skills
- Experience in diabetes education
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge of women’s health issues
- Ability to speak a Spanish, or any South Asian Language is an asset
Women’s Health in Women’s Hands offers a salary consistent with salaries across the Community Health sector, and commensurate with experience and qualifications. In addition, Women’s Health in Women’s Hands offers a multidisciplinary team environment where work-life balance is valued and practiced.
To apply for this challenging opportunity in a dynamic organization please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Women’s Health in Women’s Hands Community Health Centre
2 Carlton St. Suite 500
Email: email@example.com Fax 647-724-3451
OPENING DATE: June 11, 2019
CLOSING DATE: June 25, 2019
Women from the priority populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodation will be provided on request.