Dietary Aide - LOFT Community Services
LOFT Community Services is committed to reflecting and responding to the diversity of the service users and communities we serve. Applications are encouraged which indicate diversity in culture, race, sexual orientation, gender identity and experience that reflects the clients we serve.
1 Casual Position
To assist in all phases of meal preparation, serving and cleaning-up after meals in the dining room of a LOFT Community Service Program on a rotational shift basis, by:
- Assisting the cook in all aspects of daily meal preparation, or with other food items available for purchase;
- Setting and clearing the tables in the dining room;
- Serving the main meal to residents, by table or in a serving line, monitoring food temperature at all times;
- Preparing and delivering food trays to apartments during meals and other times;
- assisting residents with their meals, (e.g. opening sugar packets, creamers, cutting food, etc.) noting and reporting any residents who are absent from the main meal;
- Washing and storing dishes after meals, cleaning, wiping and vacuuming the dining room and tables;
- assisting residents with the purchase food items, accepting coupons/cash, making change, wrapping items;
- Storing all food deliveries and rotating stock;
- Reporting any needed supplies or equipment malfunctions, as required.
- Completion of a recognized food handlers course and/or a minimum of 1 year of experience in a food service operation in a large residential setting;
- General knowledge of proper and hygienic protocols for food preparation, storage and disposal;
- Physical ability to serve food items and wait on tables, stand for extended periods of time;
- Ability to respond to resident requests during meals in a friendly, courteous manner;
- Ability to follow established procedures, take direction during food preparation and work as part of a team;
- Ability to speak or communicate in English, good interpersonal skills to interact with seniors;
- Knowledge of health and safety, sanitation control and emergency building protocols;
- Basic knowledge of programs and services available at LOFT Community Services.
TO APPLY: Send resume with covering letter to Human Resources, LOFT Community Services,
PLEASE INCLUDE THE JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT BAR OF ANY EMAILS OR ON YOUR COVER LETTER
CLOSING DATE: September 16, 2019 by 5:00 pm