Diabetes Nurse Educator - Sunnybrook Academic Family Health Team
The Sunnybrook Academic Health Team is hiring a Diabetes Nurse Educator to join our team. We work in an interprofessional, fast-paced, dynamic environment. We’re looking for a Diabetes Nurse Educator with a strong patient-focus, experience in diabetes education and management, and exceptional communication skills. This job is permanent part-time, and you’ll work two days a week. We’d like you to start right away! Also, if you’re the successful candidate, you’ll also have the choice to work on a full-time basis, from August 2020 – August 2021.
As a member of the Sunnybrook Academic Family Health Team’s Diabetes Education Team, you will:
- Provide diabetes education and support to our patients with complex bio-psychosocial needs
- Work in our outpatient clinics providing services in individual, group, and virtual care settings
- Provide comprehensive assessment, care planning, and education for patients and families in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team
- Provide accurate and timely follow up on new referrals
- Consult with patients, families, and Interdisciplinary Team members to develop and revise coordinated care plans
Qualifications and Skills
- Current certificate of registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario, in good standing
- Certified Diabetes Educator designation is an asset
- Evidence of ongoing professional development, continuing education and leadership skills
- Excellent knowledge of diabetes education and management.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, teaching and organizational skills
- Computer skills are essential
- Your strong counselling skills coupled with well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills will assist you in the provision of best practice patient care
- A minimum of two years recent experience in a diabetes education/diabetes management setting is preferred
- Applicants with proficiency in a second language are asked to let us know that in your cover letter.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Walter Leahy, Executive Director, at email@example.com by Friday, July 17, 2020. Interviews will take place via Zoom, the week of July 20, 2020.