Development Services Assistant - Second Harvest
TITLE: Development Services Assistant
DATE: September 2019
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Development Services Manager
Second Harvest is Canada’s largest food rescue organization and an expert in perishable food recovery. We believe surplus, unsold food from across the supply chain should be redirected to feed communities.
Our services help to nourish people through school programs, seniors’ centres, shelters, community meal programs, food banks, and regional food hubs while at the same time keeping good food out of landfill, protecting our atmosphere from GHG emissions that are contributing to climate change.
We lead the avoidable food waste conversation and promote waste reduction and food recovery wherever possible to benefit all of us – environmentally, economically and socially.
Established in Toronto in 1985, Second Harvest currently operates in Ontario and BC through direct delivery and its community-driven online platform FoodRescue.ca.
POSITION OVERVIEW (PURPOSE):
Reporting to the Development Services Manager, this administrative position is responsible for the timely and accurate entry of data into the CRM system (iMIS). The incumbent will work to continuously update the donor database, maintaining data confidentiality and integrity at all times. They will identify and correct any errors they encounter and escalate larger issues to the Development Services team. They will also support ongoing process improvements and optimization for the efficient housing of data across the organization.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Responsible for the timely and accurate entry and maintenance of all constituent records in CRM database (iMIS); promptly adds new constituent records and updates existing information (including contact information, recognition and mailing preferences, donor attributes, relationships, volunteer service, event participation, and other relevant data) as needed.
- Maintains database integrity by correcting and/or flagging any errors encountered, as well as identifying gaps of information that need to be collected; follows up with colleagues for the collection and recording of missing information.
- Processes daily donor and gift revenue information into iMIS; ensures the correct tracking and coding of all gifts received; processes backup credit card gifts through third party processing system.
- Works collaboratively with the Development Services Coordinator to ensure the organization of all constituent and gift-related documents.
- Provides assistance/support to the Development Services Manager in the design and implementation of processes for the efficient, effective, and consistent management of data information across the department; champions the value of data integrity and the impact that it has on the quality of database output.
- Maintains strict donor and data confidentiality at all times; upholds the integrity of Second Harvest’s donor care by adhering to the AFP Code of Ethics and Donor Bill of Rights.
- Works closely with the Special Events Team to fulfill the data entry process for gifts-in-kind.
- Responsible for event internal ticketing administration: tracking ticket intake and sales, inputting sales information into iMIS.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned to support the overall goals of the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of experience supporting a busy office; experience in a non-profit fundraising setting would be considered an asset.
- Previous experience with database management (in particular, iMIS database experience) would be considered a strong asset.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Capable of accurately inputting and processing a high-volume of work while ensuring strong accuracy.
- Keen attention to detail, thoroughness, and accuracy, along with strong data entry/data processing abilities.
- Excellent organization and project/time management skills.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills coupled with superior customer service skills.
- Enthusiastic team player with an ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional attitude, and able to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
For more information about Second Harvest, visit: www.secondharvest.ca
Please submit your resume and cover letter on or before October 20, 2019 via email, with “DEVELOPMENT SERVICES ASSISTANT” in the subject line, to email@example.com. We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to attend an interview and require an accommodation, please advise us in advance of our meeting.