Development Officer, Annual Giving - YMCA of Greater Toronto
YMCA of Greater Toronto
DEVELOPMENT OFFICER, ANNUAL GIVING
(One Year Maternity Leave Contract, Full Time)
Starting Salary: $53,208
Effective Date: October 2020
Reports to: Manager, Development
Location: Fundraising Department – 2200 Yonge Street YMCA Centre, Toronto
Why work for our Y?
YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great work place through an environment that embraces diversity and social inclusion, valuing differences and supporting full participation by all employees. The YMCA provides more than 5,000 employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. The YMCA works to build healthy communities. This is achieved through a shared culture and values. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits and growth opportunities.
Nature & Scope:
At the YMCA we celebrate the joy of asking, the joy of giving and the joy of receiving. Last year, our generous donors contributed $7M to support the YMCA. To realize our vision of reaching more community members, the YMCA has embarked on a $100 million Strong Start, Great Future capital campaign. Our goal is to build new YMCA Centres of Community across the across the Greater Toronto Area to ensure that more people have access to the experiences and opportunities they need to reach their full potential.
The Development Officer, Annual Giving & Gift Administration is a resilient self-starter with a drive to achieve fundraising objectives and provide a remarkable donor experience. The Development Officer has a proven track record in direct response (acquisition & renewal) and donor relations along with experience in charitable gift administration and reporting.
Broad-Based Giving (55%)
- Working with Manager, Development:
- Achieve annual revenue target through a combination of acquisition, renewal and upgrade according to annual budgets and KPIs
- Develop and executes broad-based giving program to grow revenues and donor base via integrated direct response (mail & digital), monthly, tribute and onsite giving
- Project manage broad-based fundraising appeals, including working with vendors, sourcing content, and coordinating creative briefs and approvals, data file preparation, budgets and revenue projections
- Establish and monitor metrics (acquisition rate, conversion rate, average gift size, retention rate, # of gifts per donor) for broad-based giving based on industry benchmarks
- Co-ordinate Broad-Based stewardship activities (thank you call program, welcome package, impact letters, donor love day, national philanthropy day) to ensure a remarkable donor experience and increased retention rates
- Stay abreast of sector trends and brings new ideas and opportunities forward to support goal of building long-term donor relationships
- Serve as primary donor service contact
- Departmental lead for development and execution of online donation pages (Raisin), collaborating with Finance and IS
Digital Giving & Communications (20%)
- Working with Manager, Development:
- Contributes to increased Broad-Based fundraising integrated strategies that employs digital marketing and social media tools.
- Deploy e-campaigns with boosted social posts and/or social ads, incorporate video and landing pages for all DM campaigns.
- Assist with the strategy and production of digital content as it relates to the Y blog, Association newsletters, websites and social posts based on priorities of the Fundraising Department
- Analyze and monitor metrics against benchmarks for broad-based giving campaigns and provide analysis on results (fundraising intelligence).
- Act as back up for digital execution – learn how to work with Campaign Monitor, Meltwater and Site Core.
Gift & Administration (25%)
- Ensure the integrity, accuracy and timeliness of gift-related data in Raiser's Edge, in partnership with IT and Finance
- Departmental lead for gift administration, including the timely production of donor acknowledgements and tax receipts, in partnership with IT and Finance
- Responsible for gift-related reporting (Monthly Revenue, Campaigns, Funds, Appeals, KPIs) from Raiser’s Edge to illustrate results and inform future strategy
- Coordinate the process of creating Raiser’s Edge Queries, Exports, Crystal Reports in partnership with Information Technology
- Departmental lead for development and execution of online donation pages (Raisin), collaborating with Finance and Information Solutions
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values as reflected in our YMCA competencies; take a member focused approach to increase their understanding of programs offered across the Association. Represent the YMCA in a professional manner.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all children, youth and vulnerable people in YMCA programs.
- Commit to the professional responsibility of maintaining knowledge of legislation, policies and procedures, child and youth development and best practices to best serve and protect children, youth, and vulnerable people.
- Understand the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Children's Aid Society.
- Understand the importance of the volunteer / staff partnership and integrate the value of philanthropy and volunteerism in dealings with members, volunteers, donors and staff.
- A post-secondary degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in fundraising, including success in achieving personal revenue targets
- Demonstrated experience with creative, execution and reporting for direct mail & digital fundraising campaigns
- Proven experience in database management and gift administration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, focused and goal-oriented, with a high level of initiative and energy
- Effective problem solving skills
- Advanced proficiency with Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office
- Experience and sensitivity in dealing with members of different cultural and racial backgrounds, including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Evidence of sound judgement, interpersonal skills, initiative, tact, diplomacy, and creativity
- Confidentiality and discretion are mandatory
- The position requires the following Association Competencies: fundamental competence in Being Member focused; advanced competence in Ethics & Self-Management, Relationship Building & Partnering, Valuing Diversity & Social Inclusion; superior competence in Effective Interpersonal Communication; Being Results Focused; Teamwork & Collaboration
Please send cover letter and résumé quoting
Job posting #0046 by Friday, August 20th, 2020 to:
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check. Within the first four months and every three years thereafter, a Vulnerable Police Records Check is required.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
About the YMCA of Greater Toronto:
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a dynamic charity offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. Our 2010-2020 strategic plans Strong Start Great Future calls upon our Association to invest in young people across their life stages to deliver on our vision of ensuring our communities will be home to the healthiest children, teens and young adults. This community health strategy includes a significant role for adults and older adults.
Mirroring the region’s diversity, the YMCA offers a variety of programs responding to the needs of the community, including employment and essential skills, education, newcomer programs, youth outreach and intervention, fitness, sports and aquatics, international programs, child care and camps.
When you support the YMCA of Greater Toronto’s Annual Giving, you help us ensure more children, youth and young adults have the chance to be healthy… and so much more. We believe that by providing our children with a strong start, they will have a great future. And, ultimately, strong, healthy children mean strong, healthy communities in the GTA for the years to come. www.ymcagta.org