Development Manager - My Friend's House
Reporting to the Executive Director the Development Manager is an integral member of My Friend’s House Management team building giving relationships, managing a portfolio of donors and prospects and professionally managing a Volunteer Philanthropy Council. The Development Manager is primarily responsible for generating sustainable revenue, identifying potential sources of funding, developing and executing cultivation and solicitation strategies and driving the acquisition of major gifts.
This position requires a creative, detail and results oriented individual with highly developed relationship management skills. The candidate must possess a proven ability to think strategically to drive new initiatives and enhance existing programs that support My Friend’s House being the charity of choice for our communities.
Key Responsibilities: Giving
• Drive identification and acquisition of donations from existing sources, new donors and volunteers.
• Develop and execute cultivation and stewardship strategies for donor and philanthropic volunteer relationships.
• Develop strategic initiatives to acquire new annual giving donors and strengthen annual giving program.
• Execute communication strategy to ensure case for support is articulated to key stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities: Events
• Collaborate with the Events & Volunteer Manager to engage new donors and increase giving.
• Research, cultivate, solicit and steward individual and corporate sponsors for annual giving events.
• Support the management of all event sponsor communications to increase engagement.
Key Responsibilities: Communications
• Implement stewardship communication program including case for support.
• Attend and represent the organization at fundraising and networking events with the aim of identifying and building relationships with prospective donors and stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities: Volunteer Coordination
• Institute a volunteer management plan outlining roles, recruitment targets, methods for attracting and retaining Philanthropy Council volunteers.
• Actively investigate potential volunteer recruitment opportunities.
• Provide professional volunteer management including research preparation, review of research and briefing notes to support volunteer call activity.
Skills and Qualifications
• Post-secondary education in a relevant field (e.g. donor acquisition, major giving, public relations), with experience in fundraising and philanthropy operations and donor services at a registered charity, or equivalent combination of skills and experience.
• Commitment to ongoing professional development, a CFRE designation is encouraged.
• A minimum of five years fundraising experience.
• Demonstrated success in major gift fundraising including managing and forging relationships with volunteers and donors.
• Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors to develop relationships between them and My Friend’s House.
• Demonstrated tact, diplomacy and creativity and problem-solving capabilities.
• Ability to use sound judgment and always maintain discretion and confidentiality.
• Strong leadership, communication (oral and written), presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multi-task effectively and meet competing deadlines.
• Ability to maintain a customer-centric approach including attention and focus on detail, high organizational standards and quality work.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, and experience managing and using donor databases. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with Constituent Management Software (i.e. GiftWorks) or similar applications.
• A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit résumé, along with a covering letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this important role with My Friend’s House to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Although we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only candidates invited for interviews will be contacted. Please note that submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and therefore early submission is encouraged.