Development Events Coordinator - Contract - International Justice Mission Canada
Are you the candidate we are seeking?
Do you have a passion for the mission Christ gave His Church, and a desire to use your skillset and knowledge to help protect the poor from violence in developing countries? Does the idea of being a Development Events Coordinator who provides outstanding event support and coordination for the IJM Canada team and IJM Canada supporters excite you? If so, you may be the candidate we are seeking!
International Justice Mission Canada is part of a global organization that protects the poor from violence throughout the developing world. IJM partners with local authorities to rescue victims of violence, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen justice systems. The largest organization of its kind, IJM combats slavery, sex trafficking, sexual violence, police brutality, property grabbing and other forms of violence in 18 communities throughout Africa, Latin America, South Asia and Southeast Asia.
IJM Canada is seeking an experienced and organized Development Events Coordinator to play a key role in the success of the organization by providing support and logistical management for fundraising events, peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns and third party event initiatives and ensuring success by working closely with the Development, Church Mobilization, and Marketing teams.
This is a full-time contract position for the period of December 2019 – January 2021 based at IJM Canada in London, Ontario that will report to the Development Program Manager.
Areas of Responsibility:
Third Party Event & Peer to Peer Fundraising
- Keeps track of prospects, donations, fundraising events and number of gifts given to analyze and evaluate the program.
- Implements and maintains the peer-to-peer fundraising seasonal campaigns (Give It Up For Freedom, Just Move, Bold In The Cold) and an ongoing year-long DIY campaign (Be An #Abolitionist).
- Builds and manages fundraising campaigns on the AKA Raisin peer-to-peer online fundraising platform.
- Provides relational and resource support for volunteer fundraisers and Christian churches participating in fundraising campaigns.
- Provides support to “Organizational Partnerships” such as Nourish Hope and Dressember.
- Creates, improves and updates third-party event resources.
- Liaises with the Communications Coordinator to create promotional pieces for our program and campaigns.
IJM Fundraising Events
- Manages the logistics and timeline of our annual Vancouver Benefit Dinner ($500,000+ revenue) and provides on-the-ground support at event.
- Manages the logistics and timeline of 2-3 regional fundraising events ($25,000-$100,000) and provides on-the-ground support at events.
- Liaises with the Communications and design team to enable the production of select marketing and branding materials.
- Creates select marketing (including branding, copy writing and design) in collaboration with the Communications and design team.
- Organizes and manages logistics for regional executive briefings in collaboration with Directors of Development.
- Performs other related duties as authorized by supervisor.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and/or ability to learn how to use an online donation platform
- Comfort with learning and utilizing new technology
- Experience coordinating peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns or participating in a peer-to-peer fundraising campaign
- Experience coordinating the logistics of an event
- Expertise working with the Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Abilities and Experience:
- Basic design, marketing and copywriting skills are an asset
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge database is an asset
- Project management skills or training are an asset
- Experience coordinating and training volunteers at an event is an asset
- Experience communicating and adding value to donor relationships is an asset
- Mature Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed
- Affirm the importance of justice being central to our Christian faith
- Detail-oriented an organized
- Self-starter with a learner mindset
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing situations
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others
- Professional attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication
Why IJM Canada?:
- We offer a generous compensation plan
- We offer the chance to work in an engaged and positive work culture where employees are valued
- We offer coaching, professional and personal development, and staff care
- We offer the opportunity to make a difference in the world
- We are more than a workplace. We strive to be a community of spiritual formation, helping our staff work out God’s call to justice in their lives
- Position reports to the Development Program Manager
- Position based at IJM Canada headquarters in London, Ontario
- Applications accepted until October 16, 2019 – target start date December 2019. We thank all applicants for their submission however, only qualified candidates, who are selected for an interview, will be contacted.
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- IJM Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply, please send Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith*
International Justice Mission Canada
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 336, STN B
By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
*What is a statement of faith? A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how it is relevant to your involvement with IJM Canada. The statement can either be incorporated into your cover letter or submitted as a separate document. It should include, at a minimum and a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.).