Development Coordinator - InspireHealth
InspireHealth, a Canadian leader in supportive cancer care, is seeking a full time Development Coordinator to join our Vancouver team.
Supportive care actively engages patients to take charge of their health. By providing educational and practical programs, patients are empowered to play an active role in their recovery. While our programs have a cancer focus, the concepts are applicable to the treatment of all chronic diseases and the support of general health and well-being. With a long-term commitment from the BC Ministry of Health to support our vision of empowering every cancer patient on their journey, InspireHealth’s model of care is innovative, unique and will help to shape the future of health care.
The Development Coordinator supports the organization’s fundraising and marketing initiatives. The aim of this integral role is to increase the existing profile of the organization and diversify and build on our existing fundraising revenue base.
The role supports the Vancouver, Victoria and Kelowna centers and is best suited for an energetic professional who thrives wearing multiple hats, is highly organized, flexible, takes ownership of tasks, and maintains an immaculate attention to detail. The ability to work independently while part of a team and to exercise sound judgement is essential.
Reporting directly to the Director of Development and Marketing, the key responsibilities of the position are to:
- Manage and execute two annual fundraising events (Rain Walk & Night to Inspire gala), in addition to smaller events, both revenue generating and cultivation/ambassador events
- Build relationships with donors, inspiring them to donate and remain engaged in our activities
- Set and manage budgets for fundraising initiatives, ensuring a strong ROI
- Draft prospect files, cases for support, funding applications and other appropriate correspondence for grant opportunities from corporate and foundation sources
- Contribute to the development of the annual fundraising plan with the Senior Leadership Team, including fundraising initiatives, donor relations, stewardship programs, and special events
- Supports the creation of donor/fundraising programs, including direct mail appeals and monthly giving programs
- Increase the existing profile of InspireHealth
- Write events and fundraising communications including, copy creation and editing for eblasts, direct mail, newsletters
- Create content and support social media and website management
- Work with various suppliers to create marketing materials, such as graphic designers and creative agencies
- Support regional sites with fundraising needs
- Oversee donations processing and E-Tapestry database with Director of Development & Marketing
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience in event management and/or fundraising an asset
- Pertinent educational background or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of delivering fundraising success
- Proven experience in managing people, including volunteers
- Excellent communication abilities, including strong speaking and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to support and motivate professional staff and strong relationship building skills
- Familiarity with donor management databases an asset
- Graphic and website design skills an asset
- Ability to make decisions and take initiative, as part of managing a complex and varied workload
- Tenacity in seeking result
- Strong desire to learn on the job
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to work with a broad range of people including donors, Board members, volunteers and staff
- Capacity to maintain highest level discretion and confidentiality
The Healing Environment at InspireHealth
We operate within a cultural environment of team work, self-responsibility, open communication, integrity, and self-care. We recognize that our personal growth has a direct impact on our ability to successfully realize our goals and provide the highest level of service to our patients. We invite staff to meditate together each morning as a team.
This opportunity is ideal for an individual who:
- Is dedicated to their own personal growth, health and well-being at the levels of mind, body and spirit
- Is self-responsible and accountable
- Is team-oriented and heart-centered
- Is passionate about supportive care- healthy nutrition, exercise, stress reduction and emotional support
- Thrives in an organizational culture of transparency
How to Apply
If this role sounds like it was made for you, please email your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Compensation: Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Location: Currently centers are closed to patients with some staff working intermittently in the office. The option to work from home is available, with the expectation of working from the office when it is safe to do so.
At InspireHealth, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.