Development Coordinator / Coordonnatrice au développement - David Suzuki Foundation
Join the country’s most trusted environmental organization and become a force for good!
About the David Suzuki Foundation
Always grounded in sound evidence, the David Suzuki Foundation empowers people to take action in their communities on the environmental challenges we collectively face. Through evidence-based research, policy analysis, education and citizen empowerment, we conserve and protect the natural environment to create a sustainable Canada.
Our mission is to protect nature’s diversity and the well-being of all life, now and for the future. Our vision is that we all act every day on the understanding that we are One with Nature. #OneNature
You can learn more about us at www.davidsuzuki.org
The David Suzuki Foundation hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equality and diversity within its community and to a welcoming and inclusive workplace. We especially welcome applications from Indigenous persons, visible minority group members, women, persons with disabilities, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Position title: Development Coordinator / Coordonnatrice au développement
Terms: Permanent Full-time (34 hours/ 4-day work week)
Location: Based at our Montreal office, remote during COVID-19
Reporting: Assistant Director, Community Giving
Salary: 40-45k, based on experience
- Are you a bilingual development coordinator extraordinaire looking for that next challenge to move you along on your career path?
- Are you passionate about saving the planet and want to put your expert skills toward a good cause?
- Would you like to be part of a great organization that has a strong commitment to support protecting nature’s diversity and the well-being of all life, now and for the future?
About the role:
We are a group of exceptionally talented, bright and passionate people working at making a real difference in the world. We are currently looking for an exceptional development person to join our wonderful team.
In this role, you play an integral role in the success of the Foundation’s fundraising and donor stewardship programs in Montreal. You are primarily responsible for coordinating community giving fundraising campaigns, responding to donor inquiries, data entry and donor relations tasks for primarily francophone donors. You have excellent computer skills and enjoy accurate and detail-oriented work.
You’re a customer service expert who takes pride in providing that exceptional customer and donor experience. You thrive as an engaged and effective team player with strong interpersonal and communications skills. You love your work in fund-raising and stewardship and thrive in a fast-paced stimulating environment.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Respond to French donor inquiries regarding donations, tax receipts, address changes and requests for information, by phone, email and mail.
- Liaise with donor relations team to ensure accurate deposit, receipting and recording of French gifts.
- Update and maintain accurate donor information in the donor database.
- Follow up with donors on rejected credit card and direct debit transactions.
Community Giving Fundraising
- Coordinate offline French annual and monthly giving fundraising campaigns, including emails, newsletters, annual reports, face-to-face, donor calling and related stewardship activities in collaboration with other Community Giving staff.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Help develop campaign themes, segmentation tactics, creative strategy and detailed plans.
- Write fundraising content.
- Track and evaluate campaign performance and make adjustments as needed to maximize results.
- Work closely with Quebec communications and program staff to ensure fundraising campaigns are timely and consistent, capitalizing on momentum from other organizational initiatives.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge Required
- 1+ year annual giving fundraising experience in the not-for-profit sector.
- Expert at donor relations and customer service.
- Proven experience communicating with francophone audiences in Quebec.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma or equivalent work experience.
What you bring to the role:
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy with strong time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a dynamic team setting and in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with ability to be resourceful and creative.
- Keen interest in fundraising, and passion for delivering a positive experience to donors.
- Your values are aligned with DSF’s mission, demonstrated through work or community service.
- Communicator extraordinaire: you write clear and engaging messaging that resonates with our audiences.
- Excellent written and spoken English and French
- Adept and proficient in Raiser’s Edge or equivalent database; with knowledge of Salesforce, Artez and Shopify an asset.
What you get:
- Being part of a team of superstars.
- Generous benefit package.
- 4-day work week.
- Amazing work culture with smart colleagues that care.
- An experience working in an organization with a focus on technology.
Please submit your cover letter and your resume online and submit your application by going to https://davidsuzuki.org/careers/
The position will stay open until it is filled. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
We recognize the importance of a diversified workforce, and we encourage women, Indigenous People(s), First Nations, Inuk/ Inuit and Métis candidates, members of visible minorities and persons with different abilities to apply.