Development & Communications Coordinator - Gillian's Place
In this position, the incumbent will be responsible for engaging our community in lasting and meaningful ways through fund development, communications, and special events. As with all employees of Gillian’s Place, the Development and Communications Coordinator has a strong understanding of gendered violence and a commitment to providing superior service to our clients, as well as an exceptional experience to our community of supporters.
- Provide an exceptional donor experience to potential, new, and existing supporters of Gillian’s Place.
- Support the Manager of Community Development, the Director of Development and Violence Prevention Program, and the Executive Director with moving donors through the donor cycle using the principles of relationship management.
- Draft various donor correspondence and internal/external communications, including, but not limited to appeals, thank you letters, proposals, sponsorship packages, foundation grants, press releases, annual reports, and stewardship reports.
- Develop social media content/monthly e-newsletter and prepare reports to inform strategy.
- Coordinate key fundraising and awareness events.
- Monitor and engage third-party events, liaise with event planners, and attend third-party events when necessary/appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- University degree or college diploma
- Minimum two years experience in fundraising, communications, and/or event coordination.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft 365.
- Experience using multiple platforms to drive engagement using a consistent voice.
- A compelling and creative visual storyteller with a keen ability to identify and generate stories.
- Experience with social media fundraising and marketing, including best practices and effective use of digital tools.
- Highly organized and a reliable self-starter, with the ability to handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually.
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Gillian’s Place is an equal opportunity employer. Any applicant who communicates the need for accommodation shall be considered in a manner that is non-discriminatory and respectful of our human rights obligations. The ability to communicate in French would be considered an asset.
All interested applicants should apply in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised we only contact applicants who are selected for an interview. Gillian’s Place is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of colour, First Nations/Aboriginal individuals, newcomers and immigrants, members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community, people of all abilities, and members of other underrepresented communities to apply.