Development Co-ordinator - Niagara Symphony Orchestra
Target compensation: $38000-$43000
Summary: Niagara Symphony is searching for a passionate, high-performing fundraiser and administrator to join our team as a Development Coordinator. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Coordinator is a positive, self-motivated, and detail-oriented individual with excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to excellence. This position will initially focus heavily on Donor Data management, relaunching the Annual Campaign and re-establishing general donor relationships. It has the potential to grow in accountability and evolve to a leadership/senior development role in 18-36 months for the right candidate.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and implement the Annual Fund Campaign; initiate guide and follow up to attract, renew upgrade and acknowledge all donors, including sponsors
- Manage all donor and sponsor documentation, recognition, reporting, and contract fulfillment
- Proactively and creatively steward all donor communications and interactions
- Accurately administer, update and expand a large, complex database
- Research, write, and submit funding proposals, grants, and applications and reports to private and public funders
- Collaborate with marketing and outreach teams to support development communications projects and priorities
- Support all Marketing and Fundraising Committee work including communications and meeting preparation, organization and distribution of schedules, reports, minutes etc.
- Process all incoming donations and payments
- Coordinate volunteers for administration, concerts and special events
- Perform other administrative related duties as necessary
- One to three years professional Development and Fundraising experience, Preferably in the Arts or Education
- Experience in annual giving and annul fund campaign management
- Demonstrated experience in administration and fundraising, with strong database and data entry skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and the ability to build genuine and meaningful relationships with stakeholders while maintaining discretion, confidentiality, and sound judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, mail merges), online search engines, social media platforms, and email providers
- A passion and appreciation for music and the arts, particularly symphonic music
- Relevant post-secondary education
Please email your letter of interest and resume in one PDF file, with the subject line stating last name followed by first name, then NSO Development Co-ordinator Application to email@example.com . Deadline by January 19, 2021.
The Niagara Symphony Orchestra is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and welcomes all applications. Preference will be given to all qualified Canadian applicants or permanent residents who are living in or are willing to relocate to the Niagara Region. The Niagara Symphony thanks all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.