Development Assistant - The Ottawa Mission Foundation
The Core Purpose of the Ottawa Mission is to reflect Jesus’ love in serving the homeless, the hungry, and the lost.
Our Mission is to by provide food, shelter, clothing and skills, and offer healing, faith and hope for building a wholesome life.
Our Vision is that all the hurting, hungry & lost in Ottawa find HOPE, HEALING, HOME
Our Values are Faith First, Excellence in All, Respect & Dignity
- Answers and directs incoming calls
- Respond to general request/inquiries from public
- Prepare correspondence, documents and reports for Executive Director or Director’s signature
- Maintain filing systems, records, databases, ensuring security of confidential materials
- Process, prioritize and redirect incoming mail
- Provide administrative support ensuring effective and efficient office operations
- Donor cultivation - thank you calls are made regularly to new donors, top donors, lapsed donors etc.
- Sort and open incoming mail, process outgoing mail
- Ensure all donations are processed including counting, recording and balancing of all monies received including post-dated cheques and report any anomalies immediately to the Donor Relations team
- Respond to donor requests and complaints in a timely manner (within the day)
- Coordinate and track all donor complaints and report to the Donor Relations team on a regular basis. Ensure that all complaints and requests that require urgent attention from donors are brought to the attention of the Director, Annual Giving.
- Ensure gift acknowledgement correspondence is sent out within 48 hours of receipt of donation (receipts, pick-up thank you letters, acknowledgement letters, etc)
- Maintain Raisers Edge database, ensuring accuracy and consistency, tracking donations, updating names and addresses, merging duplicate files etc
- High School Diploma
- College Diploma in Business Administration, Human Resources Administration or Office Management considered an asset
- 2-4 years of experience in an office setting
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Experience writing correspondence as well as drafting and editing reports
- Demonstrated ability to work in a confidential capacity
- Strong customer service focus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- High attention to detail in all areas of work
- Highs level of personal integrity
- Bilingualism (French/English) an asset
- Experience with Raiser’s edge an asset
- This is not a work from home position
- Primarily Office Setting
- Must work to, sometimes strident, deadlines, manage and respond to competing priorities
- Must work with minimal supervision
Please forward resumé, with 'Development Assistant' in the subject line, to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in The Ottawa Mission, however, due to the volume of resumés we receive, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ACCOMMODATION IS AVAILABLE, UPON REQUEST, FOR ALL APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
THE OTTAWA MISSION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER