Development and Social Media Assistant - Haven Toronto
The position is responsible for tracking philanthropic requests, pledges, and contributions. The person also manages and updates donor databases, responds to member queries and sometimes approach benefactors for appeals. Works closely with others to create engaging content for Haven Toronto’s social media presence, including keeping social media channels updated and brand-focused, and seeking out new social media avenues and ways of connecting with audiences.
- Marketing/ PR as requested
- Donor research
- Maintain database with target groups and reports as needed
- Assist with grant proposal submissions as needed
- Event support as needed (occasional evening and weekends)
- Create and manage an editorial calendar and assist in the planning, writing, and scheduling of posts on several social media applications.
- Engages in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms
- Creates dynamic written, graphics, and video content
- Creates content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on company sites, and encourages audience participation
- Engage with the online community in a respectful way.
- Escalate issues and newsworthy tweets and posts as needed.
- Compile and prepare reports.
- Assist with the planning of new web site and social media plans.
- Support the team in administrative duties such as filing, record keeping, distribution lists.
- Support the preparation of reports, data and correspondence.
- Answer phones and assist with inquiries from donors, guests, and media.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Good understanding of Fund development/gift donor processing experience and processes
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Good judgment and ability to ask questions as needed.
- Able to take direction well and work independently when needed.
- Excellent at reading and communicating in English.
No Phone Calls, please. To learn more about Haven Toronto, please go to http://haventoronto.ca
We strive to foster a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community we serve and welcome applications from all qualified candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your application via e-mail to:
Director of Development and Community Relations, Haven Toronto
170 Jarvis St.