Development and Fundraising Director - Watersheds Canada
About Watersheds Canada
Every Shoreline Matters. Every Action Counts. Watersheds Canada is committed to protecting Canada’s waterways and shorelines. A national non-profit and registered charity, we provide programs to communities across the country that work to engage and help shoreline owners enhance and protect the health of our lakes and rivers. Watersheds Canada provides practical and proven ways to restore deteriorating shoreline conditions and improve water quality over the long-term.
About Our Team
Watersheds Canada has an energetic small team that works collaboratively. Our team of employees and board members is composed of passionate environmentalists who seek the right fundraising leader to bring us to the next level.
We need the right individual that will lead through action-oriented development and jump right in to define a roadmap for growth with the goal of doubling the organizations operating budget in 24 months. This will include developing complementary revenue streams including large grants, major gifts, donations and corporate sponsorships.
- Manage and grow donor portfolio, consisting of corporate and family foundations, some government, and individual donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements with the understanding that Watersheds Canada currently depends almost fully on grants for its operations and partners depend on us to help them raise funds to deliver programs.
- Develop and deliver targeted pitches to maximize partnerships and secure long-term, multi-year engagement with existing corporate partners.
- Research and identify new corporate prospects (e.g., cause marketing, CSR, sponsorships, and employee engagement).
- Work collaboratively with program staff to develop partnerships that increase brand recognition, digital and social media reach, thought leadership profile and donor and volunteer engagement.
- Develop and oversee the donor journey and stewardship strategy for all relational fundraising portfolios.
- 5 plus years of fundraising experience at a senior management level in a relevant field.
- Proven ability as a strong writer and communicator.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about our mission.
- Superb at building relationships.
- Proven track record in personally soliciting major gifts and large grants.
- Strong connections in the fundraising community, granting agencies, key leaders and influencers.
$70,000 to $80,00 commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical and dental benefits.
July 5th, 2021
To apply please submit your C.V. and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 21, 2021. You are encouraged to apply early as we will evaluate applications as they are received, and continue until position is filled.