Development Administrator (Contract) - Evergreen/Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training
This position is open to Indigenous candidates (First Nations, Inuit, or Métis) who reside within the Greater Toronto Area. The successful candidate must be registered or be eligible to register with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training.
The Development Administrator is ready to become an all-around asset in a non-profit fundraising team. They are eager to learn and develop new skills and come to the job with strong fundamentals in writing, communication, organization, and research. They are detail oriented, curious, flexible, and enjoy collaborating with a team.
The Development Administrator will be part of a team of fundraising professionals and will support the acquisition, administration, and stewardship of donors and supporters. They will rotate between the Foundations and Governments team, the Individual Giving team, and the Corporate Partnerships and Stewardship team to gain a 360-degree perspective of fundraising in their year at Evergreen.
Evergreen is a national not-for-profit helping make cities flourish. Cities that are low carbon, inclusive to all and sustainable at their core.
For more than 25 years, Evergreen has been making Canadian cities better places to move, work, live, play, and grow. We have worked from coast to coast with governments, neighbourhood groups, school boards, developers and residents, collaborating to create better communities.
Evergreen runs outdoor children’s education programs, trains community- and city-builders, hosts events and convenings for better cities, animates Toronto’s ravine system, supports the creation of beautiful public art, and more.
Our head office is at Evergreen Brick Works, a 42-acre greenspace and redeveloped heritage industrial space in Toronto’s Don Valley. Trails, ponds, and meadows are all a short walk from our office.
About the Role:
- Research potential donor organizations and individuals to determine whether they would be a good fit for Evergreen
- Develop strong understanding of Evergreen’s programs and activities
- Support the creation of funder presentations, reports and proposals through research, writing, and design
- Provide support for annual appeals, including mailings and data entry
- Support and coordinate on-site donations at Evergreen Brick Works
- Coordinate planning and kickoff meetings
- Enter donor interactions into database management software
- Support efforts to advance prospects through the donor life cycle
- Support donor stewardship activities. When/if public health guidelines allow, help with planning and execution of donor events.
You excel in the following areas:
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Collaboration. Employ generosity of spirit when working across lines.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Manage ambiguity well. Adapt to changing priorities and conditions in an agile way, responding quickly and effectively. React to change with curiosity and excitement.
- Attention to detail. Recognize that details matter. Work systematically to ensure important details do not slip through the cracks.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Demonstrate passion and excitement over work. Display a can-do attitude.
- Post-secondary education preferred but not required
- Fundraising experience an asset
- Strong communication skills. An ability to create compelling, well-written materials for a variety of audiences.
- Experience using fundraising software (i.e. Raiser’s Edge) and advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills an asset
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Supervised by: Development Manager
- Mentorship relationship with three Development Officers
- Position is usually based out of Evergreen’s head office at Evergreen Brick Works in Toronto. However, due to the COVID 19 pandemic this position will be working remotely and on site as needed.
- Regular office hours (with flexibility), with occasional evenings and weekends required in times of heavy deadlines or to attend special events, following public health guidelines
Terms of contract:
- One-Year, full time
- Remuneration: $20/hour
Application closing date: March 26, 2021
How to Apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter to Evergreen Careers by 5:00pm on April 9, 2021. We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Evergreen is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to attend an interview and require an accommodation, please advise us in advance of our meeting. Interviews will be conducted online at this time.