Development Administrative Assistant - Children's Aid Foundation of Canada
About the Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada
Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada is our country's leading charity dedicated to improving the lives of children and youth growing up in the child welfare system. We raise and grant funds, and deliver a wide range of high-impact programs and services in partnership with 77 child- and youth-serving agencies across the country that support more than 22,700 vulnerable young people annually. Stand Up for Kids is our national campaign for child welfare, which aims to change the futures of Canada’s most at-risk kids – those who have experienced abuse, neglect, and abandonment. We know that by helping these young people to overcome their trauma and break the cycle for future generations, they gain the strength and resilience to create a lifetime of their own unstoppable successes. Learn more at cafdn.org
The Foundation is a dynamic and growing organization committed to the long term growth and stability of funding for child welfare programs across the country. Our staff members are a highly committed team of professionals who are dedicated to delivering excellence and maximizing the social value of donations and volunteer contributions to child welfare in Canada.
Purpose of the Position
The Administrative Assistant, Development plays a key role in providing coordination and support to the Development team staff. Reporting to the Director, Campaign & Major Gifts and working closely with the Major Gifts/Corporate team, the Administrative Assistant, Development conducts research, prepares thank you letters, supports moves management and provides administrative support to the Major Gifts/Corporate team, including Development staff and senior fundraising volunteers.
To be successful in this position, the candidate must be results and solutions oriented, and have the demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize workflow. This is a fast paced, team environment with multiple priorities and competing deadlines. The successful incumbent will be an active, relationship-oriented member of the team working collaboratively with all departments.
Major Gift/Corporate team support – 45%
- Manage the process and write all donor and sponsor thank you letters
- Working with the Development and Stewardship Officers, assist with donor stewardship activities, communications and events
- Prepare donor giving reports and pledge reminders
- Working with others, complete RE data pulls (including key performance indicators summaries) for the development team, ensuring data captured effectively and ensure lists are clean.
- Provide data entry support and ensure donor files (hard copy and in Raiser’s Edge) are maintained and updated.
- Assist with developing and implementing plans to increase Major Gift/Corporate donations
- Prepare and co-ordinate materials for donor meetings
- Manage donor materials
- Manage the Major Gift/Corporate budget
Prospect Research – 25%
- Complete research profiles on Major Gift/Corporate prospective donors, sr. volunteers and other organizations
- Ensure research is tracked and maintained (hard and soft copies)
- Manage prospect research tools, templates and processes
- Stay abreast of donor/prospect information in the news
Moves Management – 25%
- Organize and facilitate the bi-weekly Development Moves Management meetings
- Pull and monitor the identification, cultivation and solicitation pipelines
- Assist with identifying and tracking donor segments (i.e. renewals, lapsed donors, Planned Giving prospects/donors) in RE and the shared and storing documents.
- Working with Director, Campaign and Major Gifts, lead the process to create quarterly Donor Manager portfolio analyses
Other – 5%
- Provide training and updates to Development team on new tools and systems
- Serve as a CAFC liaison with vendors, volunteers, donors, prospective donors and partners, when required
- Act as CAFC ambassador at all Development and Foundation events
- Other duties as assigned
Competencies and Skills
- Excellent organization, initiative, planning and administrative skills
- Excellent research skills
- Strong writing abilities
- Advanced skills in Raiser’s Edge or database management (data entry, data maintenance, query and database administration skills)
- Good skills in Outlook, MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-PowerPoint, email, calendar, and web browsers
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to produce high quality work, under specific timelines, with accuracy
- Comfort liaising and communicating professionally with a variety of constituents such as: office staff and volunteers, Board and Committee Members, and individual and major gift donors
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
Hours of work
- Regular office hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Vacation restrictions during busy periods.
- Relevant university degree/college diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant sales/fundraising/administrative experience; working in the charitable sector is an as asset.
- Post-secondary education in a related field and personal volunteer experience are assets.
- Competency in Raisers Edge.
Please forward a current resume, with covering letter in one single document, detailing how your qualifications match this opportunity and salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “DAA 2020” in the subject line of your email by August 14, 2020.
We thank all candidates for their interest in the work of Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.