Deputy Registrar, Licensing and Compliance - HR Associates
The Home Construction Regulatory Authority (HCRA) is a private not-for-profit corporation that if designated by the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services, will be the regulatory authority responsible for licensing Ontario’s new home builders and vendors. HCRA intends to foster improved home quality and homebuyer confidence in the home building industry through modernized licensing standards, education and compliance, providing increased consumer protection through enhanced regulatory measures. To learn more about HCRA please visit www.hcraontario.ca.
Deputy Registrar, Licensing and Compliance
Join the senior leadership team of this new organization tasked with modernizing licensing standards for builders and enhancing consumer protection. To support the launch of this new regulatory authority, the HCRA is seeking a transformational leader to oversee the licensing, compliance and customer service functions in order to fulfil HCRA’s mandate and strategic objectives.
Using a continuous improvement and risk-based approach, you will provide strategic direction and guidance for all aspects of the mandatory licensing program, and a transparent and accessible complaints management process including consumer education and awareness activities. You will oversee the implementation of all compliance activities, including a framework for assessment, monitoring and reporting, as well as the development and delivery of compliance inspection programs.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Minimum 10 years’ progressive experience in a licensing, compliance, or regulatory environment, including at least 7 years’ experience leading teams
- Completion of a university degree, including post-graduate level education in business administration or a related field (or a combination of education and equivalent experience)
- Experience with administrative law tribunals, quasi-judicial proceedings, and case management systems
- Practical knowledge of compliance and inspection approaches, techniques and the Criminal Code, Canada Evidence Act, and Provincial Offences Act, and other relevant legislation
- Comprehensive knowledge of the new home building industry and consumer protection issues, including the governing legislation
- Knowledge of best practices and methods for program administration, specifically relating to modern compliance and inspection and frameworks
- Transformational leadership to create a high-performance culture
- Change management skills to create a positive, inclusive and productive work environment;
- Political acuity to recognize and respond in a timely manner to policy and stakeholder issues which may have an impact for the organization
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated problem-solving, facilitation, dispute resolution, and negotiation skills that enable the resolution of contentious issues
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to HR Associates (our recruitment partner) at email@example.com by August 21, 2020. If you have questions, please contact Diana Pisignani at 416-237-1500 x238. For more information about HCRA or to view other career opportunities, please visit www.hcraontario.ca.
HCRA will offer a competitive compensation package including benefits and a defined contribution pension plan.
We thank all external applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Accommodation, if required, will be provided throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Human Rights Code.