Deep Cleaning Service (XTC) - Durham Region - VHA Home HealthCare
Looking for more?
At VHA Home HealthCare, more is not just our commitment to clients, but to our incredible team of Extreme Cleaners.
For more than 90 years, VHA Home HealthCare has lent a helping hand to people in the community including: seniors, families, new parents, newborn babies, people with physical and mental disabilities, and the terminally ill. We have more than 2,000 professionals—nurses, personal support workers, home support workers, home service providers, extreme cleaners and office support staff—providing services 24 hours a day, seven days a week to clients in their homes and in long-term care facilities.
At VHA we love our work. As a team member you’ll do more than provide services to clients; you’ll build strong, long-lasting relationships. We offer high-quality, multilingual services that are growing across Ontario, and our work environment focuses on supporting clients and staff through client centred care, well-connected healthcare teams, and continual improvement.
We are currently seeking:
Part Time and Full Time Extreme Cleaners — Durham Region
Extreme Cleaners at VHA are responsible for providing practical and thorough household assistance to VHA clients. Extreme Cleaner will work with diverse client groups to meet public health standards. Responsibilities include, de-cluttering and discarding of unwanted items, washing walls, floors and windows, doing laundry, cleaning and sanitizing appliances, cupboards and closets. Household and support activities are performed in such a manner as to encourage independence of client and the prevention or delay of institutionalization. All activities are conducted within the client service plan and the policies, procedures and standards of confidentiality of VHA.
Key skills, experience and behaviours required for this position:
- Minimum of one year's experience in private or institutional cleaning.
- Access to a vehicle and a valid driver's licence
- Experience working with vulnerable clients who are dealing with age-related health conditions and/or mental disabilities is an asset.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Ability to work independently while following pre-set instructions and work cooperatively with the care-giving team.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Must be flexible to be able to support a diverse client group.
- Demonstrated commitment to client and family centred care.
- Physically able to provide safe and timely client care.
- Use of proper body mechanics and successful completion of the Physical Readiness Test to ensure safe work practices are followed, including transfers, bending, lifting, push and pulling.
- Demonstrate ability to recognize safety issues, communicate effectively and provide minor problem solving.
Why Work at VHA?
- VHA has over 90 years of experience providing high quality care you can be proud of.
- A stimulating, client and family focused work environment.
- A variety of full-time and part time positions.
- We invest in our staff, offering continuous opportunities for learning.
- Competitive compensation and paid orientation.
- A confidential, free Employee Assistance Program is available to all staff and service providers.
- We foster a supportive, and respectful team environment.