Decision Support and Evaluation - Senior Analyst - Reconnect Community Health Services
Positions Available: 1
Unionized Position: No
Hours of Work: 37.50 Hours
Compensation: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 per annum
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Reporting to the Lead, Performance Improvement, The Decision Support and Evaluation role supports clinical, financial, and human resources data analysis, reporting, and program evaluation throughout the organization. This role will also support the delivery of the goals and objectives of the Community Business Intelligence (CBI) project which provides client level information about service utilization within TC LHIN funded Health Service Providers (HSP) across three sub-sectors: Community Mental Health (CMH), Community Addiction (CA), and Community Support Services (CSS). The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze, interpret, consult, and make recommendations on information to support strategic evidence-based decision making and knowledge development. This will include pulling and collating data from a variety of information systems and integrating data and information into useful formats;
- Develop and implement appropriate evaluation tools, consult, analyze and report on services and programs;
- Provide guidance and expertise with respect to indicator and metric development for performance monitoring;
- Plan, develop, test, deploy and maintain our decision support tools in concert with the project team, LHIN and clients;
- Identify, track and analyze key corporate performance indicators;
- Provide consultative and analytical support regarding collection, interpretation, analysis and presentation of data;
- Lead and/or support relevant stakeholder engagement activities, including coordinating and documenting meetings, agendas, work plans and deliverables, and facilitating discussions as required;
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications to support development of databases and other reporting products.
The successful candidate will possess:
- University Bachelor’s Degree in Health Informatics, Health Evaluation, Statistics, Health Administration, Computer Science or similar;
- Experience working with the community health sector or in a health services environment an asset;
- Knowledge in qualitative, quantitative and mixed method design and analysis in evaluation of programs and services
- Knowledge of health care reporting requirements and familiarity with various databases used to capture information in various health sectors is an asset;
- Experience in report development including the design of standard and ad hoc reports for both internal and external purposes;
- Demonstrated understanding of local health issues, priorities and needs;
Key skills and abilities we are looking for:
- Experience with database projects and/or business intelligence;
- Knowledge of SAP including: Business Objects tools such as Web Intelligence (WEBI);
- Attention to detail, and the ability to translate business statistical concepts into the data / information realm;
- Sound organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task and meet conflicting deadlines are essential;
- Excellent problem recognition skills and ability to proactively achieve resolutions both through direction and negotiations;
- Experience and proficiency in computer database, spreadsheet and software applications, SPSS, ArcGIS-Mapping and an ability to quickly learn similar applications;
- Demonstrated strong report writing skills using tools such as, SQL, SAS, Access;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to effectively act as an agent for Reconnect with external agency;
- Criminal background check;
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings, as required.
Who we are:
Reconnect Community Health Services is a not-for-profit health service organization in the west end of Toronto. Our services include supports for seniors, caregivers, and people living with mental health and addictions concerns.
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications listed above are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, October 16, 2019. Please quote "Decision Support and Evaluation - Senior Analyst" in the subject line of your email.
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at (416) 248-2050 ext. 5288
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reconnect Community Health Services
1281 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M6E 1B8
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Aboriginal communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.