Day Program Service Manager- 18 month Contract - Community Living Oakville
Community Living Oakville is seeking an experienced leader to join the day services management team. Reporting to the Director of Services, the Day Services Manager is responsible for the operation and delivery of Day Services for Community Living Oakville. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to develop meaningful day supports and services based on person centred planning and develop relationships with community employers to create competitive employment opportunities. The candidate will ensure the delivery of high quality services and supports in compliance with all applicable legislation and regulations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Audit, review and ensure all services are delivered in accordance with all applicable ministry acts and regulations, including but not limited to, The Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act, Collective Agreement and agency policies and procedures.
- Facilitate, monitor and evaluate the development of Individual Support Plans following a model of person directed planning.
- Ensure all people supported have access to resources and opportunities to participate in meaningful day supports and services.
- Develop relationships with community partners to create opportunities for people to experience, participate and actively engage in their community.
- Participate in service evaluation by maintaining regular communication with people supported, families, staff, external agencies, managers and director of services.
- Build and maintain connections with families and other service providers.
- Monitor and review to ensure records for each person supported are complete and confidential.
- Review incident reports and monthly program reports and complete follow up as required.
- Complete and file Serious Occurrences as required.
- Report program and individuals’ need changes and concerns to the director of services.
- Participate in developing and implementing expansion opportunities.
- All other duties as assigned.
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
- With the director of services, prepare an annual budget for each assigned service area.
- Monitor all expenditures to ensure the effective use of resources and prepare monthly and quarterly variance reports as required.
- Participate in negotiations of the annual Service Contract with the director to establish obtainable targets.
- Ensure all Fee for Service reports are completed accurately and submitted to the Ministry as required to ensure funding is received.
- Review and approve any maintenance and repair work required and invoice for payment.
- Approve petty cash and other disbursements.
- Submit monthly program reports to the director of services.
- Model a standard of excellence in day to day work. Provide leadership and direction to all staff, volunteers and students.
- With the director of services, determine the appropriate staffing level for each assigned area.
- With human resources participate in interviewing, hiring and orientation of new staff to build teams of qualified and motivated employees.
- Work with employees to establish performance expectations and professional goals and provide regular feedback through supervisions and performance appraisals to monitor outcomes.
- Create a culture of ongoing learning by providing teams with formal and informal learning opportunities.
- With human resources ensure required training is current and documented for all staff.
- Hold monthly team meetings to ensure consistent sharing of information and team building.
- Prepare a monthly schedule for all full time, part time and casual staff for each assigned service area. Schedule replacement hours as required following established protocols. Work with human resources to effectively manage attendance issues.
- Ensure scheduling information is entered in Com Vida as required. Prepare and submit a bi-weekly payroll summary from individual staff time sheets.
- With the director of services and human resources effectively resolve performance/disciplinary issues in accordance with policies and procedures and the collective agreement.
- Monitor and evaluate early and safe return to work programs to minimize WSIB costs.
- Review all Staff Assault, Abuse or at Risk forms and follow up as required.
- Complete all training and manual reviews as required.
- Provide after hours on-call support as required.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure assigned service areas, property and all equipment is maintained in a safe manner.
- Work in compliance with the OHSA.
- Provide direction and support to all staff to ensure they work in compliance with the OHSA.
- Promote health and safety as a work place priority.
- Complete quarterly health and safety inspections and required follow-up.
- Review monthly health and safety inspections and ensure required follow up.
- Complete Risk Assessments and implement corrective actions or strategies as required.
- Complete Accident Investigation forms and implement corrective actions or strategies as required.
This position requires an individual who has demonstrated competencies and experience in managing teams and service delivery. Includes:
- excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people supported, families, staff and community partners, groups and employers
- commitment to continuous learning and the ability to cultivate skill development of others
- apply leadership, coaching and supervisory principles including delegation, motivation, conflict resolution and crisis management
- able to work in a fast paced environment with competing demands
- able to make decisions based on organizational values and objectives required
- able to analyze and interpret data expectations into responsive service practices
- advocate for people and understand issues of diversity, culture and disability
- provide leadership in a team oriented environment
- respond to changing priorities and goals
- resilient, adaptable and reliable
- Completed post-secondary diploma and/or degree in a related discipline (Developmental Service Worker, Disability Studies)
- Safe Management, First Aid Training
- Proficient in basic applications of Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Policy and Procedures, OHSA, Services for Persons to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act and related Ministry Compliance requirements
- Minimum 5 years related experience- minimum 3 years’ management experience in a unionized environment
- Vulnerable Persons Criminal Reference check
- Hold and maintain a valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
Work in an office, Day Services and the community. Work in the office includes regular interruptions to receive calls and respond to demands. Work in the Day Services and the community is active, can be in an industrial environment and has several distractions. Required to use own vehicle.
May be required to use approved intervention strategies to ensure the safety of self and others. May be required to use Personal Protective Equipment.
Hours of work will reflect program need and will include occasional evening and weekend hours. Position will provide on-call after hours support for scheduling and emergencies.
All applications must be in writing (no phone applications) and include the posting reference and a current resume. If required, please notify us of the nature of any accommodations you may require throughout the interview process to ensure equal participation. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit offer letter and resume to Alex Hoeck-Murray at email@example.com by October 3rd, 2020.