Database/ETL Developer - LOFT Community Services
LOFT Community Services is a unique and dynamic charitable organization that supports people living with complicated issues such as mental and physical health challenges, substance abuse, poverty and homelessness. Serving over 5300 people and providing 1654 units of supportive housing last year, LOFT is one of Ontario’s largest mental health service providers of its kind. In 2018 LOFT was a Nonprofit Employer of Choice™ Award (NEOC) recipient.
To help fulfill its mission, LOFT is hiring a Database/ETL Developer.
The Performance and Quality Improvement team is responsible for the collection of data throughout the organization and ensures the optimum delivery and use of information to manage performance, improve the quality of service, and ensure the safety of our clients and staff. We are currently seeking a Database / ETL Developer to help implement and deliver information services and products throughout the organization. This position will work with other department staff to conceptualize, develop, implement, and manage existing and new databases, data marts, and supporting interfaces to support LOFT’s ongoing reporting needs.
- Conceptualize, model, design, build, implement, test, and integrate, new and existing databases and data marts accessible to a variety of users, and ensure all are reliable, secure, and accurate according to latest standards
- Review business requirements for databases and data extractions with program and other staff, and develop/implement plans to create, migrate, and integrate multiple sources of data in a variety of formats.
- Work with program and other department staff to document database specifications and translate into data models and schemas for effective design of overall data architecture
- Implement translated business requirements into ETL design and mapping
- Extracts data from various operational systems and databases and transform into effective datasets and repositories for reporting and analytic functions.
- Manage the EDW data model and expand EDW architecture according to stated requirements.
- Maintain effective source data and EDW documentation
- Develop and execute database and application maintenance and performance plan to maintain and administer existing and new databases
- Support development of standards and best practices to ensure data is consistent, clearly defined and used appropriately.
- Through ETL, develop linkages and interfaces between internal and external databases as required.
- Keep up-to-date and research the latest trends in database management, ETL, and related technology, and assess risk and cost-benefit to recommend the most appropriate solutions, tools, and technologies for database development, data extraction and transformation that meet organizational standards and needs.
- Independently attend meetings that may be cross-functional and include upper management levels and provides general and technical support and advice to organization’s staff regarding the use and updating of databases and the feasibility of solutions, policies, and processes being proposed.
- Undergraduate degree in related field (Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent) required.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of MSSQL Server 2008/2012 or newer, and other database and ETL software and associated software stack such as SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS.
- Strong experience in building data warehouse solutions
- Experience with end-to-end software development and tools such as web services, APIs, and HL7.
- Knowledge of Database and Server Installation, Database Objects, database upgrading, mirroring, and replication, integration, performance tuning, and Data Migration Procedures.
- Knowledge of various ETL and BI tools and techniques, and general web-based applications, and their technical infrastructure in which they operate.
- Knowledge of the development and application of information and data architectures to support reporting and analytics
- Knowledge of formal tools, processes, and software to formalize customer requirements gathering and documentation, change and incident management, and database deployment, to minimize risk
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word required.
- Skilled in creating products (e.g. papers, reports, presentations, diagrams) for multiple audiences.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel.
- Detail-oriented and process-driven with a demonstrated ability to consistently and effectively produce high quality work.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent skills explaining complex concepts in a manner which is simple and easy to understand.
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to think critically and strategically.
- Demonstrated collaboration and facilitation skills.
- Proven team player with strong interpersonal skills including ability to resolve conflicts, diplomacy, achieve consensus and able to work comfortably with staff and external stakeholders, including clinicians.
- Innovative thinker with the ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work under direction of senior staff, but with minimal supervision as a self-starter.
- Understanding of Ontario healthcare system, organization, policies, and data structures considered an asset
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter to Human Resources,
LOFT Community Services is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. LOFT is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Upon request, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process.
Contact email@example.com or (416) 979-1994 to discuss your accommodation requirements.
PLEASE INCLUDE: “DATABASE/ETL DEVELOPER” in the subject line of any emails.
CLOSING DATE: September 17, 2020