Database and Logistics Coordinator - BC Professional Fire Fighters' Burn Fund
The BC Professional Fire Fighters’ Burn Fund is the charity of the BC Professional Fire Fighters’ Association. The Burn Fund’s mission is to empower burn survivors through support and programming, and to prevent all British Columbians from similar trauma through education and prevention campaigns.
This role will oversee donations processing and database management and reporting through Raiser’s Edge, as well as systems development for financial operations, cheque processing and management of office functions and logistics.
Specific Accountabilities include:
● Prepare bank deposits, batch, process gifts and prepare tax receipts through Raiser’s Edge.
● Process online donations through Online Express (OLX) and prepare tax receipts.
● Database management including setting data standards for duplicate entries, creating new constituents, and reconciling donations in the database with financial reports.
● Ensuring proper documentations are available for reference and in accordance to the guidelines given by the Canadian Revenue Agency.
● Supports operations by maintaining office systems.
● Maintains financial records and documentation.
● Improves office processes and efficiencies.
● Manages and monitors office accounts and activities.
● Detailed knowledge of CRA tax receipt regulations and requirements; background working in a charitable organization, donations processing and office logistics.
● Experience in Raiser’s Edge database view, NXT and OLX essential.
● Collaborative, problem-solving and strong communication skills.
● Displays strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
● Ability to multitask, take initiative, and prioritize.
● Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism.
● Preferred knowledge of labour relations and government affairs.
● IT proficiency in MS Office and G-Suite applications.
● A minimum of three years experience or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
● Proven ability to engage and coordinate with external stakeholders.
● Experience using Raiser’s Edge database view, NXT and OLX.
● Experience in a non-profit, an asset.
● Requirement to apply for/provide a Criminal Record Check on acceptance of the position.
● Available to attend and participate in off-site events and programs and occasional evening and weekend work as required.
● (30 Hr/week) Flex scheduling with availability for occasional evening and/or weekend work
● Moveup Category 3: $36.48 hourly: overtime is voluntary
● Comprehensive benefit program
Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm March 5, 2021.