Data Operations Specialist - Confidential Employer
We are currently accepting applications for an innovative, detail-oriented resourceful person to manage operations related to data management in support of fund development and community relations. Reporting to the CEO, and working closely with the Manager, Fund Development, this individual must be extremely fluent in operating and populating Raiser’s Edge, Raiser’s Edge NXT and Luminate Online as they are responsible for the day to day administration, management, and growth of the database in support of all development activities.
This role is key to developing the success and sustainability of the Raiser’s Edge database while also elevating the work and execution of fund development activities.
- Oversee data management in Raiser’s Edge. This includes gift entry (donations, sponsorships, Gift-in-Kind), general data entry, processing donations and sponsorships, tax receipting, acknowledgements, stewardship, proposal set up and tracking moves management, analysis of data, producing prospect research profiles sorting data, reporting data and generating queries and lists for various purposes (appeals, communications, events, etc).
- Design data tracking and monitoring tools, including custom reports when necessary (crystal reports).
- Attend relevant meetings as the Raiser’s Edge expert.
- Take an integrated approach to seeking out relevant information and working with multiple team members to ensure data is effectively analyzed, synthesized, and distributed to both internal and external stakeholders when appropriate.
- Set up and manage events in Raiser’s Edge and Teamraiser for various fundraisers.
- Prepare weekly and monthly donation reports, including reports for Board
Tracking and reporting volunteers in Raiser’s Edge.
- Assist with the assessment of data against fund development plans and help recommend adjustments to activity and targets as appropriate.
- Maintain a high level of data integrity, including merging duplicate records and regularly running queries to flag data issues and update accordingly.
- Work closely with development staff in identifying and researching prospects and donors including sponsors for events.
- Assist the Manager, Fund Development in maintaining development processes, policies and procedures.
- Assist in developing content for briefing notes for prospect/donor meetings, as well as for meetings with senior staff and volunteers.
- Management of Annual Fund Requests – seeing approvals, tracking and reporting.
- Organize meetings and book facilities, refreshments, prepare handouts or reports, record meeting minutes from time to time.
Personal Attributes and Core Skills
- Commitment to accuracy of work and specialized knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Raiser’s Edge NXT and Luminate Online are critical, with demonstrated judgement and leadership.
- Organized, enthusiastic, innovative, and able to deal with ambiguity and tight deadlines while working collaboratively and effectively as a team or independently.
- Establishes goals and achieves increased organizational effectiveness.
- Solid knowledge of donor’s services practices in a fundraising environment
- This role has access to highly sensitive information and requires an integrated and confidential approach.
- There is a high volume of work requiring sound judgement, diplomacy, tact, conflict resolution, decision-making and ability to manage fluid expectations, projects, and deadlines.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with colleagues and volunteers.
- Welcomes a dynamic and changing environment.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience with full responsibility for Raiser’s Edge in a not-for-profit organization is required.
- Experience working as part of a fundraising team.
- A bachelor’s degree and/or a professional qualification in a data management field is desired.
- Understanding of CRA regulations for recording and receipting of charitable donations.
- Strong computer skills including a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office tool.
We are actively recruiting for this position now and encourage you to apply if you are excited to learn more about this opportunity!