Data Analyst - The Bishop Strachan School
Internationally acclaimed for its unique environment and expertise in the particular learning needs of girls, The Bishop Strachan School (BSS) has built a reputation over its long history as an undisputed leader in education. Offering a challenging, lively and creative atmosphere, a roster of uniquely qualified faculty and staff, and an inspiring campus featuring a spectacular science and arts wing, BSS inspires each student to find her passion, pursue her dreams and reach her potential through a rigorous academic program.
Helping students become smart, independent, compassionate young women, BSS provides the tools, technology and innovation required to thrive in post-secondary pursuits and beyond. Our unique whole girl approach, commitment to excellence and embodiment of strong values create a profound and powerful learning environment within a supportive, engaged community.
To support our mission of providing our students with the best educational experience, we strive for excellence in every facet of the organization - including providing a stimulating, creative and lively work environment that attracts the best staff and faculty. We are seeking the right candidate to fill the position of:
Reports To: Director, School Data and Analytics
Summary of Position:
This position participates as part of a team, in research, development and implementation (RDI) of best practices and process in data management, data governance, data analytics and digital transformation. This role will be assisting, and in some cases leading and delivering academic data projects, such as analytics and governance that will further our capacity in evidence-based decisions and directions. This position will also be responsible for day to day data integrity, gathering, preparing and processing for cyclical deliverables. In addition this role will assist in providing support to end-users and where appropriate on other current and developing information based technologies.
Specific Accountabilities Include:
- Assist in determining the business and information needs and scope of each project. Projects will include data analysis, visualization, development of a school wide data governance matrix, expand or maintain existing dashboards, implementation of new data systems and other projects as identified
- Collaborative with departments to determine what data is required for their academic or business outcomes, assist with data quality assurance including collection and assist with data plan development or designing their reporting environments
- Maintain documentation around data policies and practices
- Assist with ongoing digital transformation (streamlining processes, workflows, data collection)
- Acquire data from various stakeholders related to and required for analytical projects
- Filter or clean data in various systems as part of day to day and project preparation
- Prepare or help to prepare reports and analysis
- Interpret and analyze results using statistical techniques
- Identify data opportunities, trends, patterns and provide reports and feedback
- Be aware of applicable legislation and act as a resource to internal stakeholders
- Learn and understand our internal data sources and systems
- Troubleshoot data issues and other database related technical issues
- Provide technical expertise on data storage and management
- Provide various training to end-users on data literacy, data management and governance
- Participate in Technology and Innovation team priorities as needed
- Participate in the Staff Growth process
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Experience and Attributes Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience using reporting and analytic tools Crystal reports, MS Office (Excel, PPT), Tableau
- Understanding of Statistical Methods and software
- Experience with data validation, importing, and exporting of data
- Collaborative team orientated with an ability to build relationships
- Demonstrated strong initiative with an ability to work independently as well
- Action orientated, able to balance and prioritize work
- Understanding of data-driven outcomes and decision making
- Excellent organizational, creative, problem-solving, multi-tasking skills and detail oriented
- Demonstrated interest in technology, shifting mindsets and influencing innovation
- Strong interpersonal skills
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at The Bishop Strachan School by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Data Analyst in the subject line.
We thank all candidates in advance.
We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview.
We believe that diversity in our school fosters a rich, inclusive and creative environment.
We are actively engaged in building a more diverse school
and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Visit us at www.bss.on.ca