Data Analyst - The Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada
As part of the AFMC Data and Analysis team, the Data Analyst is responsible for data collection and publication of information on the Academic Medicine system in Canada.
Your role as a Data Analyst will focus on one or more of: Collection, Management and Analysis, or Publications.
- Work collaboratively with team members, faculty of medicine leaders and stakeholders to develop surveys, questionnaires and other data initiatives that advance academic medicine and health care in Canada;
- Develop, implement, test and deploy complex online surveys;
- Create or modify new Data Collection Instruments (DCI) as needed;
- Prepare, distribute and collect annual data via online surveys, data collection instruments (DCI), or data exchange/interfaces; and
- Interact and work efficiently with committee members from all faculties of medicine across Canada.
Data Administration and Analysis
- Manage research databases, including writing and maintaining SQL objects and/or SAS scripts for:
- Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes;
- Data management;
- Cross database aggregation;
- Cross database linking and matching;
- Quality assurance; and
- Respond to ad-hoc data requests from internal and external clients.
- Prepare and present research analyses, reports, and other communication materials in a clear manner adapted to the audience;
- Review results, query and resolve anomalies enter in database, prepare tables for publication;
- Prepare / type set annual publication for hard copy publication and distribution, including:
- Biomedical & Health Care Research Revenue Survey
- AFMC Annual Faculty of Medicine Survey
- Admission Requirements of Canadian Faculties of Medicine
- Annual Financial Questionnaire
- Graduation Questionnaire
- Applicant Diversity Survey
(See https://afmc.ca/data-and-analysis for information on AFMC’s data holdings)
- Develop and monitor project timelines and deliverables on an ongoing basis;
- Ongoing development of AFMC data collection tools and systems;
- Participate in new data development initiatives;
- Contribute to team projects and meetings;
- Adhere to high standards of data privacy, confidentiality and quality; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant science, information science or computer science field or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in at least two of the areas above (Data Collection, Data Management and Analysis or Publications
- Demonstrated experience in creating Microsoft SQL and/or SAS views and stored procedures
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues to non-technical end users
- Bilingual in English in French (Asset)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, stand and occasionally required to walk or move around the office environment;
- May be asked to lift and move up to 20lbs
The work environment described is a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
AFMC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applications will be accepted until August 30, 2019. Please forward your résumé and cover letter to HR@afmc.ca. Please indicate in the subject line “Data Analyst”. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.