Customer Service Specialist - The Career Foundation
Position type: Full time 6-month contract (very good possibility of extension)
Number of Positions: 1
Experience Required: Minimum 2 years
Reporting to: Manager, Data Governance, Quality Assurance and Administrative Services
Start date: Immediately.
The Customer Service Specialist provides reception, administrative and customer service supports to the Etobicoke Employment Ontario Hub team and the Manager, Data Governance, Quality Assurance and Administrative Services.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- As first point of contact, serves clients and other stakeholders in a professional and friendly manner.
- Attends to incoming calls, provides program information to callers, online applicants, and walk-in visitors.
- Tracks and directs office traffic, responds to messages and requests of partners, suppliers, and employers, and is responsible for incoming/outgoing faxes, mail, and email.
- Liaises with prospective applicants to encourage / confirm their participation.
- Facilitates initial eligibility screening for assisted services and prepares proper documentation.
- Provides information referral services to participants regarding other Employment Ontario and community services.
- Assists staff in the creation and distribution of promotional materials.
- Assists in scheduling new candidates for assessments and workshops.
- Conducts consistent follow-up with new participants that have been scheduled to start the program.
- Communicates with partners to maintain effective referral and reporting relationships.
- Assists clients in the computer lab with self-directed job search.
- Troubleshoots computer and office equipment as required.
- Updates and maintains Participant registration, assessment and tracking systems.
- Reports to manager on statistics, expenditures, staff attendance, and petty cash report etc.
- Provides finance team with all incoming invoices and maintains supplier files.
- Liaises with service providers and ensures invoices are paid and recorded.
- Liaises with manager to order supplies and other services required for the office.
- Supports program staff with clerical duties (document creation, hard copy file retrieval).
- Enters Employer and Participant information, follow up notes and claims into client database and EOIS database (CaMS).
- Conducts 3, 6 and 12 months follow up on closed files, including entering outcomes into CaMS and recording follow up in client files.
- Creates Employment Ontario case files in CaMS for Assisted Clients.
- Enters education and work history in CaMS including NAICS and NOC numbers.
- Creates Service Plans in CaMS for Assisted Clients.
- Monitors Activity Report to ensure all clients are actively engaged in job search/ training.
- Creates client files on organization’s database and updates information as needed.
- Assists with maintaining and closing client files, including data verification, binding of documents, filing, and collecting data regarding client service satisfaction.
- Audits CaMS, internal database and client files for data integrity and accuracy.
Other Duties as Needed:
- Directs participants to relevant job search resources.
- Provides clerical support of clients’ job search.
- Provides computer support; assists with setting up of participant e-mail accounts; navigating, online systems, provides formatting support for document.
- Assists with maintenance of the Board Room, Computer Areas and Resource Library.
- Maintains the job posting and employer boards.
- Maintains and updates information on short-term training and community programs for job search clients.
- Assists in collecting and organizing financial information for budget preparation.
- Organizes and coordinates meetings.
- Assists with preparation and facilitation of agency events (open houses, job fairs, media events, etc.).
- Provides training to volunteers.
Qualifications/ Skills Required:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience is required.
- Superior computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point).
- Knowledge of online communication platforms, techniques, and tools (Zoom, MS Teams and SharePoint) with an aptitude and willingness to learn and work with new technologies.
- Experience working with invoices and budgets, possessing strong math skills for compiling statistic reports.
- Customer service oriented with ability to uphold the organization’s service standards and policies.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills for giving and receiving information, participating in meetings, and writing reports.
- A professional yet courteous approach to service with a high level of respect for the diversity of the people served and an ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills, able to multi-task, take initiative and manage change/transitions.
- Knowledge of the current labour market trends, the impact of COVID-19 on the labour market, job search techniques and employment research methods.
- Demonstrated care and concern for maintaining the good reputation of The Career Foundation.
- Possesses core competencies including communication skills, punctuality & attendance, organization/time management, self-motivated/self-directed, interpersonal skills/attributes, and professionalism.
- Flexible to assist team members and clients while ensuring that all program goals are met.
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Fluent in English. A second language will be considered an asset.
How to Apply: Please visit our website at https://careerfoundation.com/join-our-team and select the position you would like to apply for from our list of vacancies. You can complete the application form directly through our website. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please. Thank you for your interest in The Career Foundation.