Crisis Counsellor - Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
Crisis Counsellor - Counselling Services Team
Permanent– Full Time
SCOPE OF POSITION
To provide crisis intervention service, short-term counselling, information, advocacy, assessment and referral to clients of the WOCRC.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSW or equivalent in education and training;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in direct client service;
- Current registration or eligibility for registration with college of social workers or college of psychotherapists of Ontario
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community-based model of intervention
- Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act;
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act;
- Knowledge of social services delivery in Ottawa;
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Ability to communicate fluently in English required;
- Ability to communicate in French, an asset
- Ability to communicate in languages reflective of our catchment area, an asset
- Starting salary $48578.00 annually
- 35 hours/week; including evening and weekends
- Ability to work flexible hours.
Please submit your resume before midnight August 21, 2020 via our online portal:
Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
2 MacNeil Court, Kanata ON K2L 4H7
WOCRC has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please do not hesitate to let us know how we can best accommodate you.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity. Please note that due to the volume of resumes received, only those applicants selected for further consideration, will be contacted.