Counsellor, Triple P - Associated Youth Services of Peel
AYSP is a compassionate team of professionals dedicated to helping children, youth, and families manage mental health and/or justice issues to realize their potential. We work from a client-centred, strength-based approach to engage all children, youth, and families in a manner which is culturally sensitive, non-judgmental, and respectful. Working together with our service partners using a multi-systems perspective, AYSP provides services that are evidence-based and evidence-informed.
Our staff bring a wide range of knowledge and professional experience from diverse backgrounds to our workplace. Our teams have a strong collaborative work ethic and we are committed to ongoing professional development to ensure a high quality of service. AYSP offers flexible work arrangements and a competitive salary and benefits program.
We are currently seeking a Counsellor to join our dynamic Triple P, Positive Parenting Program. Successful candidates will participate in training in the evidence based Triple P parenting model. Ideal candidates should be passionate about serving children, youth and families, be flexible and have superior interpersonal and communication skills.
In this full-time contract – maternity leave up to April 2022, Bargaining Unit Position, incumbents are expected to:
- Participate in program specific training in the Triple P, Positive Parenting Program
- Conduct in home/virtual sessions utilizing evidenced based/evidenced informed interventions
- Provide parents/caregivers with individual parenting support and intervention
- Coach caregivers in developing positive parenting skills and strategies
- Maintain professional documentation in the form of assessments, case notes, discharge summaries and statistical information
- Participate in both individual and peer clinical supervision
- Establish and maintain professional alliances with collaborating agencies
- Work flexible hours related to the needs of the clients, evening work will be required
Individuals with the following qualifications are invited to apply with their cover letter and resume to: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/aysp. This position will be posted until filled.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or post-secondary degree in related field
- Membership in the appropriate professional regulatory body under the Psychotherapy Act
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with families, children, and youth
- Solid knowledge of child and adolescent development, children’s mental health issues, behaviour modification techniques and family dynamics
- Experience in assessing child and youth behaviour from a strength-based and systemic perspective
- Engagement, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and provide own transportation
- Fluency in French or other languages is considered an asset
Salary Range: $46,461 - $55,551
AYSP is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all cultures, abilities and sexual & gender identities. Applicants must be willing to demonstrate and adhere to a commitment to Anti-Oppressive and Anti-Racist principles, with the expectation that the framework be reflected in day to day work. AYSP will make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process upon request. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only candidates being considered will be contacted.
Keywords: case management, family therapist, clinician, psychotherapist, social work, mental health, child and family counsellor