Counsellor, RISE - Associated Youth Services of Peel
AYSP is a compassionate team of professionals dedicated to helping children, youth and families manage mental health and/or justice issues to realize their potential. We work from a client-centered, strength-based approach to engage all children, youth, and families in a manner which is culturally sensitive, non-judgmental and respectful. Working together with our service partners using a multi-systems perspective, AYSP provides services that are evidence-based and evidence-informed.
Our staff bring a wide range of knowledge and professional experience from diverse backgrounds to our workplace. Our teams have a strong collaborative work ethic and we are committed to ongoing professional development to ensure a high quality of service. AYSP offers flexible work arrangements and a competitive salary and benefits program.
We are currently seeking a Counsellor to join our dynamic Recognizing Individual Success and Excellence (RISE) Program. The RISE program is a home-based and/or virtual service which works collaboratively with the Peel School Boards. The program addresses the needs of children who are displaying signs of anti-social behaviour in the classroom, home and community. Ideal candidates should be passionate about serving children and families and have strong therapeutic skills and child and family engagement skills.
In this permanent full-time, Bargaining Unit Position, incumbents are expected to:
- Provide individual and family counselling for children aged 6- 12 years, who are exhibiting non-compliant or aggressive behaviour, poor socialization skills, or low self-esteem in the home, school and/or community
- Complete assessments, devise goals and implement treatment plans for children and their parents/caregivers participating in the program
- Work collaboratively with school partners, working to improve the home-school linkage
- Complete client documentation/reports as per agency policies/professional College requirements
- Provide referrals to additional and alternative resources, as necessary
- Connect children and families to group and recreational opportunities within the community
- Work flexible hours related to the treatment needs of the clients, regular evening work is required
Individuals with the following qualifications are invited to apply with their cover letter and resume to: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/aysp. This position will be posted until filled.
- Membership in good standing in the provincial regulating body of either the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario is required
- Bachelor of Social Work or related undergraduate degree; Master’s degree in Social Work preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience providing counselling to children and their families
- Client assessment and engagement skills, as well as goal formulation and intervention planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-needs clients utilizing a goal-focused approach
- Access to a reliable vehicle and possess a G class license
- Fluency in French or other languages is considered an asset
Salary Range: $46,461 – $55,551
AYSP is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all cultures, abilities and sexual & gender identities. Applicants must be willing to demonstrate and adhere to a commitment to Anti-Oppressive and Anti-Racist principles, with the expectation that the framework be reflected in day to day work. AYSP will make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process upon request. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only candidates being considered will be contacted.
Keywords: counsellor, child and family therapist, clinician, psychotherapist, social work, mental health, child and family counsellor