Counsellor - Durham Rape Crisis Centre
The Durham Rape Crisis Centre is a non-profit feminist organization that believes in the equality of all people regardless of race, class, sexual orientation or gender.
We are committed to taking an active role in our community to end all forms of violence against women.
As a Rape Crisis Centre we work with and provide crisis support, advocacy, accompaniment and intervention services to recent, historical or childhood survivors of sexual violence, and support to their families.
We are currently seeking to fill a full time contract counsellor position to cover a parental leave within our agency.
- Provide trauma informed individual and/or group counselling to victims of sexual violence in the Durham Region.
- Provide information and referral to community supports and programs.
- Provide advocacy, accommodation and support.
- Maintain service statistics.
- Maintain client case files.
- Participate in clinical individual supervision by evaluating current caseloads.
- Participation in clinical group supervision as required.
- Participate in staff meeting and training sessions.
- Participate in Public Education as required.
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma in Social Work or related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years direct service experience.
- Well-developed skills in areas such as communication, organization, teamwork, confidentiality, ethics and vicarious trauma.
- Must have a solid understanding of sexual violence including recent sexual assault, childhood sexual abuse, intimate partner assault, self- injury, etc.
- Criminal reference check required.
- Driver’s Licence required.
We are committed to the development of an organization that reflects the community and the women it serves. We strongly encourage persons who reflect the diversity of our clients to apply.
Please note that the ability to fluently speak both French and English will be considered as asset.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.