Corporate Services Data Associate - Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation
Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation provides vital funding to enable the best possible patient care. We inspire and motivate gifts that fund medical equipment and patient amenities, innovative research initiatives, essential redevelopment of clinical care spaces, and the education and training of health care providers.
As a registered charitable organization, we proudly support patients and families across south-central Ontario, and from outside the region, who receive specialized care at Hamilton Health Sciences including Hamilton General Hospital, Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre, McMaster Children’s Hospital, and St. Peter’s Hospital. The associated programs at the Regional Rehabilitation Centre, McMaster University Medical Centre and Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre are also included. The Foundation is committed to the Donor Bill of Rights and to being a donor-centered organization. All members of The Foundation’s staff team support development activities by ensuring the maintenance of accurate records of information on the Raisers Edge database. Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation is committed to protecting the privacy of our donors and prospects.
This is an exciting time to join Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation as we build upon a strong foundation of our Culture Code that includes the values of respect, impactful and inspiring. We believe that relationships and partnerships are the basis of excellence in fundraising and have a vision to see a community of inspired and committed donors who embrace It’s Vital to Care. Every position in The Foundation contributes to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with The Foundation’s diversity, equity and inclusion philosophy and patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
Reporting to the Manager, Donor Services the Corporate Services Data Associate is a key member of Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation Corporate Services team, providing data support to contribute significantly to the effective and efficient operations of a busy Foundation. This position will administer, manage and report on donor and gift information and staff lottery. This position is key to ensuring accurate data entry and data imports into Raisers Edge through Import-O-Matic, and assist with writing and manipulating queries for data exports and reports.
Data Support and Donor Services
- Import gifts and donors through programs such as Import-O-Matic
- Assist with data integrity projects, ensuring data is complete and accurate within our database
- Pull reports from databases such as Raiser’s Edge and other online platforms
- Import and export donor data and updates
- Maintains database accuracy and works on various clean-up projects
- Writes queries and reports, as assigned
- Assist with all functions within gift processing including data entry of gifts, setting up new constituents, updating donor information
- Print, fold and mail tax receipts to donors
- Manage the full administration of Staff Lottery, including data entry, reconciling, administrative support, preparing reports monthly, interacting with participants and winners
- Sharing coverage in answering the Foundation’s main phone line
- Contributes and works on special projects and related duties as required
Indirect: Director, Donor Services and Data Management
Vice President, Finance
- 2+ years relevant experience in data entry, manipulation, imports/exports and reporting (or data analytics)
- University degree / College diploma in Business Administration, Data Management/Analytics (or equivalent)
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge (or equivalent) an asset
- Superior data entry skills, with meticulous attention to detail to ensure data integrity
- Knowledge of query/analysis techniques and concepts and adept at retrieving, manipulating and reporting on information stored in database systems
- Understanding of data analysis concepts and tools
- Advance computer skills in utilizing Microsoft Office program (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook), and databases
- Superior communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong customer services oriented approach
- Strong organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision and an ability to self-manage effectively
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize competing demands and meet deadlines
- Good judgement and discretion in dealing with confidential information
Location of work is 1 King St. West, Hamilton, ON and the Foundation will follow all public health guidelines with respect to COVID-19.
Working Conditions and Mandatory Requirements:
- This position operates onsite at Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation head office in Hamilton, ON
- Proof of full COVID vaccination is mandatory for employment with Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation in accordance with Hamilton Health Sciences policy.
The salary range for this position is between $40,000 and $48,000 per annum, commensurate with experience. This contract opportunity includes 6% of earnings in lieu of vacation, and 13% of earnings in lieu of benefits and statutory holidays. Pay in lieu of benefits will reduce to 9% if already a member of HOOPP or voluntary enrollment in the pension program.
Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion within HHSF reflects a belief that we will make the greatest impact to our mission when everyone can genuinely and fully participate without barriers or exclusion. We are dedicated to creating a workplace reflective of the community we live, work and serve and welcome applications from diverse and equity-deserving groups.
The Foundation is committed to providing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Accommodation, if requested, will be provided throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should any candidate require accommodation in any phase of the recruitment process, please contact Heather Slye (905.521.2100 x 44624 or HHSFcareers@hhsc.ca) for assistance.