Corporate Partnerships Officer - The Mississauga Food Bank
Corporate Partnerships Officer
The Mississauga Food Bank’s (TMFB) vision is a Mississauga where no one goes hungry. We relieve hunger in Mississauga by providing and promoting access to healthy food for people in need.
- Execute a corporate giving program focussed on corporate partnerships including sponsorships, employee giving programs, and food raising events to meet and exceed food- and fund-raising goals
- Raise TMFB’s profile in the community as a “partner of choice”
Corporate Giving (65%)
Responsible for cultivating and stewarding relationships with corporations in order to generate revenue through philanthropic gifts, sponsorships, employee engagement, gifts-in-kind, as well as food drives.
- Implement a corporate giving strategy and maintain a strong pipeline
- Serve as the relationship manager
- Build and execute a communications plan including face-to-face meetings, bulk and personal emails, and phone follow-ups with the purpose to cultivate and solicit previous and prospective workplace and community event organizers
- As a part of the annual plan, identify and manage lists of potential and previous event organizers to solicit to organize fundraisers or food drives in support of TMFB
- Provide support to ensure a positive donor experience, event success, and repeating/growing event in future years
- Speak and present on behalf of TMFB at events and cheque presentations
- Work in partnership with the Marketing team to develop tools and collateral as needed
Sponsorship Program (25%)
Acquire, grow, and renew sponsorship opportunities with corporate partners.
- Lead the valuation and packaging of corporate sponsorships as well as prepare contracts and sponsorship agreements
- Liaise with the Marketing and Communications department to ensure contract deliverables are met
- Prepare fulfillment reports
Participate and provide assistance in activities, initiatives, and special projects as requested.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of directly related experience in development, focussed on sponsorship and corporate giving programs
- College diploma or university degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrated experience with customer management systems (preferably Raiser’s Edge) or other moves-management systems
- Demonstrated successful relationship-building experience
Skills, Competencies, and Qualities
- Passion. A passion for mission-driven work and personal values aligned with those of TMFB. Concern for and interest in issues of poverty, food security, and/or social justice
- Communication. Speak, listen, and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Relationship Building. Internal and external networking and relationship building skills. Conscientious and high attention to detail, understanding attention to detail makes the difference between mediocre and excellent donor service. Patient with a high volume of requests from donors and event organizers
- Planning/Organization/Project Management. Determine strategies to move projects forward, set goals and priorities, create/implement action plans/budgets, document, evaluate, and learn. Committed to performance standards and ongoing improvement
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Passionate and excited about work. Can-do attitude. Tenacious and goes the distance to complete work. Ability to work autonomously while being aware of the importance of accountability. Results-focused.
- Flexibility/Adaptability. Flexible, versatile, and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change
- Evidence-Based Decision Making/Problem-Solving skills. Draw insightful conclusions from information. Create plans that are informed by research, data, and experience. Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of TMFB.
- Technical. Computer proficiency with strong skills in MS Office and/or Google Apps for business; familiarity with CRM software. TMFB is a cloud-based, paperless environment.
- Hold a valid driver's license and have regular access to a vehicle
This position reports to the Director of Development and is a member of the Development team. Works closely with Marketing and Operations teams.
Permanent, full-time position. Some evening and weekend work required, especially during the Thanksgiving/Holiday season. Lieu time can be accrued for evening/weekend hours worked.
Starting salary of $60,000-65,000 plus funding for professional development, paid mobile phone, comprehensive benefits plan, and matched group RRSP (after 3 months’ employment)
We value the contributions of our staff, so we have a professional workspace, up-to-date technology, and a lunchroom with all the tea or coffee you can drink! The staff team laughs a lot, pitches in during those “all-hands-on-deck” times, and celebrates at outings a couple times a year.