Coordinator - Youth Employment Services YES
YES believes that employment is empowerment and the cornerstone of safe and healthy communities. YES leads the Canadian youth sector with innovative programs that empower disadvantaged and vulnerable youth to become self-sufficient contributing members of society.
Summary – The Position
Reporting to the Manager, the Coordinator will be a part of the YOD team and is responsible for ensuring the YES Mentorship Program is embedded into programs at YES and disseminated to coalition partners through the knowledge transfer and training program. This position will be responsible for stewarding volunteers through corporate partners as well as the coordination of the HSBC Ask a Business Consultant program and other duties as required.
- Your energy and enthusiasm are boundless and you enjoy and thrive in a fast paced environment. You’re detail oriented, have the ability to multi-task, are creative, imaginative and you are a strategic thinker. You are driven and welcome the opportunity to aspire to measurable targets. You thrive in a business like and professional environment. You’re skilled at using your sense of humour and personality to obtain consensus. You possess post secondary education/degree or equivalent work experience and are proficient in computer applications.
- Post-secondary education or degree
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working in the non-profit sector
- Experience facilitating workshops/ trainings
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact and build professional and effective working relationships with external stakeholders and employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and competing deadlines
- Experience managing volunteer programs
- Experience coordinating projects
- Event management experience
- Excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail and accuracy
- Readily able to adapt to changing requirements and maintaining effectiveness in varying circumstances
- Proficiency in: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and email programs
- Comfortable working with marginalized youth and adults as well as persons of diverse ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds
YES Mentorship Program
- Recruit, train and onboard mentors from various sources
- Promote the Mentorship Program internally, ensuring it is embedded into YES programs
- Onboard mentees and train YES staff on the benefits and processes of the Mentorship Program including utilization of Ten Thousand Coffees
- Track and monitor mentor/mentee database
- Coordinate mentoring events with YES programs
- Establish working relationships with mentors and mentees to ensure their engagement in the program
- Coordinate the scheduling of Mentorship activities such as outreach, orientations, meetings, workshop facilitation
- Volunteer recruitment and stewardship from corporate partners
- Liaise with program managers and coordinators to secure volunteer opportunities
- Coordinate volunteer opportunities with corporate partners
- Update volunteer database
HSBC Ask a Business Consultant program
- Recruit corporate and community leaders to facilitate 7 specified entrepreneurship sessions by March 31st, 2020
- Promote the HSBC Ask a Business Consultant program internally and externally
- Ensure targets are met
YES on Demand
- Work with the Manager to train YES staff across the organization on the use and implementation of the four YES on Demand resources (Mentorship, Skills to Succeed, Specialized Curriculum for youth with mental health issues, specialized Entrepreneurship Curriculum)
- Travel to partner organizations to train staff on use and implementation of YOD resources – Canada Wide travel
- Assist in the development of event plans and strategies
- Liaise with the Manager regarding progress of project, budget expenditures and any issues arising
- Carry out other duties as required
- Adheres to all YES policies and procedures and ensures confidentially is maintained on client, personnel, financial and agency matters;
- Represents YES at all times in a professional manner;
- Participates in regular supervision meetings;
- Works cooperatively with other team members;
- Carries out any other duties, as required.
Job Contact Information:
If interested, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the YES Accessibility policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. YES is an equal opportunity employer.