Coordinator, Registration - CDHO
About the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario
The College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario (CDHO) is the regulatory body for over 14,000 registered dental hygienists in Ontario. Our office is located at Church and Bloor in Toronto, Ontario.
The College’s mission is to regulate the practice of dental hygiene in the interest of the overall health and safety of the public of Ontario. As such, Ontarians can expect to receive quality oral health care and dental hygiene services from health professionals who are registered with the CDHO. All of the College’s activities ensure that clients have access to safe, ethical and high quality dental hygiene care.
The Coordinator, Registration is responsible for all aspects of the registration process for new applicants and registrants and ensures applications are processed in accordance with relevant legislation and CDHO policies.
This is an 12 month contract (with possibility of extension) which will commence in September 2020.
Emulates the core values of the CDHO:
- Professionalism – Displays the behaviours and competencies that are expected of the position and the organization.
- Quality – Delivers work that meets the expectations of the position, team and organization. Finds and resolves errors in their work and that of others.
- Job Knowledge and Continuous Development – Strives to improve job performance through developing skills and increasing knowledge.
- Accountability – Takes personal ownership and responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work commitments. Follows organizational guidelines, professional standards, regulations and principles. Demonstrates reliability and integrity on a daily basis.
- Adaptability – Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, technologies and requirements. Recognizes new information and ideas with a willingness to alter opinions and behaviours. Applies versatility, reasoning and innovativeness in the face of change. Is able to comfortably collaborate in a variety of situations and with diverse individuals.
- Networking and Relationship-Building – Effectively builds constructive, friendly, professional relationships and networks of key contacts. Maintains partnerships that can provide information, assistance and support.
- Planning and Organizing – Accurately estimates duration and level of difficulty of tasks and projects, setting out goals and objectives and work plans to complete.
- Problem-Solving – Is able to break a situation down into smaller pieces to identify key issues, figuring out cause and effect relationships in order to solve. Uses logic and analytical methods to come to realistic solution.
- Service Orientation – Provides superior service to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Teamwork – Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal. Participates actively in group activities fostering a team environment.
- Managing the intake and tracking of applicants in accordance with the legislation and CDHO policies.
- Managing external communication dealing with the registration process
- Assist in the development and revision of Registration policies and procedures
- Organizing Registration committee meetings and providing general support for the Registration Committee including taking and transcribing minutes, developing and providing resource material for the Registration Committee/Panel as required;
- Assist in the process and production of reports for external stakeholders, eg. Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Office of the Fairness Commissioner;
- Assist in the process for preparing letters of good standing as requested by Registration Manager.
- Preparing statistical reports and reconciling registration and renewal payments on a daily/weekly basis.
- Maintain the registration database ensuring the integrity of the information.
- Entering registration information. Ensuring the data entered is consistent with the standards; correct any errors noticed on the database.
- Continually checking the database to ensure the information is accurate; troubleshooting problems as they appear and working in collaboration with IT to make necessary corrections
- Participate in all aspects of continuous improvement of the registration function.
- Continually reviewing existing processes and policies including updating the website to improve the efficiency and to resolve problems that may have occurred during registration.
- Reviewing application forms used and making revisions as necessary. Reviewing renewal form on an annual basis and making the necessary revisions.
- Other duties as assigned by Registration Manager or Senior Management team.
Core Knowledge/Educational Requirements
- Three or more years’ experience managing membership/client database and generating reports
- Familiarity with the regulatory process
- Expertise in database administration/management a definite asset.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, and effective organizational skills are essential to the position
- Capable of taking direction and able to work as part of a team
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility for projects, tasks and duties
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, organize and prioritize, and demonstrate flexibility in dealing with a variety of tasks
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and a working knowledge of the Internet
- Bilingualism French/English is an asset.
- Advance knowledge of CRM a definite asset
- Working in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions.
- Interacting with employees, management, and the public at large.
- Attendance and presentation at workshops, Council meetings or other meetings of stakeholders.