Coordinator, Patient Education - Crohn's and Colitis Canada
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada is the only national, volunteer-based charity focused on finding the cures for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the lives of children and adults affected by these diseases.
We are one of the top two health charity funders of Crohn’s and colitis research in the world, investing $135 million in research since 1974, leading to important breakthroughs in genetics, gut microbes, inflammation and cell repair as well as laying the groundwork for new and better treatments.
We are transforming the lives of people affected by Crohn’s and colitis (the two main forms of inflammatory bowel disease) through research, patient programs, advocacy, and awareness.
Visit crohnsandcolitis.ca for more information.
Reporting to the Specialist, Patient Programs and Evaluation, the Patient Education Coordinator will support Crohn’s and Colitis Canada’s education content development and dissemination activities.
This role is primarily responsible for translating information about inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) into easy to understand resources for individuals affected by Crohn’s or colitis, including written material, graphic and video content for our website, mobile apps and social media platforms.
This role requires strong communication and critical thinking skills and an ability to present information effectively to different audiences. We are looking for someone who is creative, collaborative and passionate about health promotion and education.
- Postsecondary education in communications, journalism, health sciences, education or other related discipline;
- Experience writing health promotion or education communications;
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills;
- Critical thinker and self-starter with strong research and information gathering skills;
- Ability to analyze and track program metrics using social media, YouTube and Google Analytics;
- Demonstrated ability to adapt writing styles for various audiences and communication channels;
- Strong proficiency with the Microsoft suite of software;
- Ability to work constructively and professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders, including staff, patients, healthcare professionals, researchers and volunteers;
- Strong organizational skills to coordinate various activities within tight deadlines;
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team; and
- Ability to communication both verbally and written in French is a strong asset.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with content management systems (such as Kentico, WordPress or Squarespace) and using social media platforms (such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter)
- Experience with project management tools (i.e. Smartsheet, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Planner, JIRA, etc.)
- Experience with Client Records Management (CRM) or other databases (i.e. Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, etc.); and
- Experience with creative production software (such as Photoshop, Illustrator or Premiere).
- Draft an array of educational content about Crohn's and colitis including website copy, digital articles, factsheets, booklets and infographics;
- Write communication pieces to raise awareness and bring attention to patient education, support and social action programming;
- Create educational videos, such as live video clips and animated content, for dissemination on YouTube, social media and web. This includes drafting video storyboards, scripts, production and editing;
- In collaboration with the Specialist, Patient Programs, ensure education content on the website is up-to-date and reflective of the current needs of the IBD community (patients and caregivers);
- Conduct literature reviews and environmental scans to draft and maintain educational content;
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications team to develop and update education content on Crohn's and Colitis Canada's social media platforms;
- Coordinate various critical path activities and logistics for patient education programs including webinars and live social media events;
- Review and edit video presentations prepared by healthcare professionals and researchers including webinars and recorded in-person sessions;
- General administrative tasks responsible for day-to-day operations of educational initiatives including responding to patient or caregiver emails, phone calls and information requests; and
- Provide metrics throughout program delivery, consolidate feedback, analyze data and draft reports.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND BENEFITS
- Flexible location with option of being based out our Toronto office*;
- The Coordinator will need to attend in-person meetings in Toronto a few times per year.
- Flexible hours and work from home policies;
- Extended health and dental employee benefits program;
- Employer matching RRSP program; and
- Annual salary of $45 000 – $50 000.
*Due to a temporary COVID-19 office closure, the successful candidate for this role will work from home until further notice.
HOW TO APPLY
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada provides a competitive compensation package and a rewarding work environment.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a PDF of their resume and cover letter by clicking “Apply Now” or you will be redirected to Crohn’s and Colitis Canada’s careers page if you are viewing this posting on an external site.
This role will be posted until October 18th, 2021.
We are committed to creating and fostering a diverse, inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment that reflects the Canadian communities that we work with and within. We strongly encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to making our recruitment process accessible to all candidates and provide accommodations upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest to work at Crohn’s and Colitis Canada; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.