Coordinator of Life Enrichment Services - LOFT Community Services
To help fulfill its mission, LOFT is hiring a Coordinator of Life Enrichment Services. The Coordinator of Life Enrichment Services is responsible for coordinating and overseeing life enrichment programs and developing and promoting best practice standards around therapeutic recreation services across LOFT Services for Seniors. LOFT is one of Ontario’s largest mental health service providers of its kind. In 2018 LOFT was a Nonprofit Employer of Choice™ Award (NEOC) recipient.
The Coordinator of Life Enrichment Services is responsible for coordinating and overseeing life enrichment programs and developing and promoting best practice standards around therapeutic recreation services across LOFT Services for Seniors. A key component of the position will be building a network of internal/external resources that will empower persons, promote their wellness and recovery, and increase their independence, dignity, and self-respect. This position will play a key role in the development of adaptive recreational and social activities to engage seniors, reduce isolation, improve quality of life, and delay the onset of dementia.
The Coordinator of Life Enrichment Services will oversee a Community of Practice comprised of Life Enrichment Workers across Services for Seniors with a goal of improving therapeutic recreation practices via shared knowledge and continuing education. This role will also facilitate the implementation of emerging and evidence-based best practices via ongoing review of the literature and connecting with the wider therapeutic recreation community.
This position collaborates with Program Directors across multiple Services for Seniors programs and is involved in developing and monitoring program quality initiatives and special projects.
*Note: A satisfactory vulnerable sector check (VSC) is a requirement of employment.*
- Degree and/or diploma in Therapeutic Recreation or recreation with a therapeutic concentration.
- A minimum of 3 years experience with vulnerable older adults and seniors who may be living with mental illness, cognitive and neurological illnesses, addiction challenges and/or responsive behaviours who have been longer term hospital patients.
- Demonstrated team leadership ability and management training.
- Knowledge of community resources and supports specifically for older adults and seniors with mental illness and addiction challenges.
- Previous experience in research study and design an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with quality improvement tools such as rapid cycle learning, and fishbone diagram.
- Knowledge and proven experience working with clients in a PSR (Psychosocial Rehabilitation) approach.
- Physically able to perform required duties.
- First Aid and CPR certification.
- Good oral and written skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working with minimal supervision with proven reliability and trustworthiness.
- Valid drivers’ license and access to own vehicle is an asset.
- Ability to communicate in a different language, an asset.
- Understanding of cultural competency and anti-oppression framework.
- Reflective of a multi-barriered group, as serviced by the program, a strong asset.
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter to Human Resources, Email: email@example.com
LOFT Community Services is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. LOFT is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Requested accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or (416) 979-1994.
We welcome and encourage people from equity-deserving communities and intersecting identities to apply for this position.
PLEASE INCLUDE: “COORDINATOR OF LIFE ENRICHMENT SERVICES” IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF ANY EMAILS.
CLOSING DATE: April 13, 2021