Coordinator - LOFT Community Services
LOFT Community Services is a unique and dynamic charitable organization that supports people living with complicated issues such as mental and physical health challenges, substance abuse, poverty and homelessness. Serving over 5300 people and providing 1654 units of supportive housing last year, LOFT is one of Ontario’s largest mental health service providers of its kind. In 2018 LOFT was a Nonprofit Employer of Choice™ Award (NEOC) recipient.
The Coordinator, as part of the management team, will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination and operation of a Crosslinks Support team (approximately 10-12 staff). The Coordinator is responsible for developing and maintaining high quality support to clients and contributing to key program initiatives such as accreditation, coordinated care planning and program evaluation/development. The Coordinator will ensure the program is run efficiently and effectively. The Coordinator will also provide direct services to a small caseload of persons served by the program and share in rotational on- call responsibilities. Will assist in cleaning and preparing units for occupancy. Travel throughout York Region is required.
Note: May be exposed to second hand smoke while working with clients. In addition, a satisfactory vulnerable sector check (VSC) is a requirement of employment.
- Post secondary degree in Human Services/Health Care, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience in providing services to individuals with serious mental illness, addictions and the homeless
- Experience in program development and coordination
- Experience in mental health and justice settings, an asset
- Minimum 3 years experience required in program management/administration
- Strong administrations skills including computer data skills
- Excellent interpersonal and counselling skills
- Effective oral, written and facilitation skills
- Excellent knowledge of harm reduction and psychosocial rehabilitation skills and the ability to put these into practice
- Proven ability to provide leadership and support to network partners and staff team
- Solid understanding of broad systems issues
- Demonstrated skill in establishing effective relationships with other service providers including hospitals and addiction services as well as service users, families and friends
- Understanding of cultural competency and anti-oppression framework;
- Reflective of a multi-barriered group, as serviced by the program, a strong asset
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter to Human Resources,
LOFT Community Services is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. LOFT is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Requested accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or (416) 979-1994.
We welcome and encourage people from equity-seeking communities and intersecting identities to apply for this position.
PLEASE INCLUDE: “COORDINATOR - CROSSLINKS” in the subject line of any emails.
CLOSING DATE: February 26, 2021