Coordinator, Group Programs - North York Women's Centre (NYWC)
North York Women’s Centre is a community of diverse women. We work to advance equality and empower women to effect positive change.
The Coordinator, Group Programs plays a critical role in coordinating, implementing and facilitating NYWC’s programs and services. The Coordinator, Group Programs has primary responsibility for managing NYWC’s core programming including the Women’s Empowerment Series (WES) and additional programs developed and implemented by the organization. Given the nature of the role, regular evening and occasional weekend work is required.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
● Coordination and facilitation of groups in adherence with the program curricula, organizational standards and service delivery guidelines
● Coordinate and administer wraparound supports: transportation, childminding, tablets/data, etc.
● Set priorities, develop program schedules, arrange planning and program evaluation meetings with facilitators
● Negotiate conflicts or disagreements that may arise between staff, facilitators, program participants and/or organizational partners
● Coordinate and execute program evaluation activities, including debriefing and feedback meetings
● Maintain accurate, timely and complete participant and program records
● Monitor and evaluate program impacts, support data-driven program enhancements and submit sessional reports as required
● Identifying emerging needs and trends to support the program manager/organization to make decisions about future programs and services
● Enter program data accurately, completely and in a timely manner and maintain effective records
● Represent NYWC on at least one external network where participation supports program objectives
● Participate in on-going training, one-to-one coaching and supervision meetings as directed
● Any other duties as assigned
● Create a supportive and constructive atmosphere that encourages ongoing and active group participation
● Encourage and support participants to complete pre/post-program, feedback and other surveys
● Collect and document success stories, share best practices and promote program success
● Follow up with participants and connect them with community resources where appropriate
● Immediately report concerns when there is a risk of imminent harm and/or duty to report
● Encourage membership while assuring participants that it is not a requirement for receiving services
● Facilitate group programs where necessary to ensure achievement of NYWC’s goals and program objectives
Partnerships and Community Engagement
● Serve as an ambassador for NYWC and its programs, promoting program awareness and participation
● Represent NYWC on external networks and groups where participation supports program objectives
● Proactively conduct outreach for the programs and actively support other organization outreach activities
● Establish partnerships to enhance programming objectives
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
● Previous experience in planning, coordinating, delivering and evaluating group programs
● Excellent listening, verbal and written communications skills
● Strong facilitation skills and demonstrated experience in virtual and in-person group facilitation
● Experience working with individuals facing complex challenges, multiple barriers and diverse needs and problem-solving skills to assist staff and clients both remotely and in person
● Strong knowledge of service provider community and ability to support effective system navigation
● Knowledge of evidence-based program planning and data-driven program evaluation
● Excellent documentation skills
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable learning new computer applications
● Team player with a proven track record in building strong, positive professional relationships
● An understanding of the importance of maintaining privacy and confidentiality
● Ability to work within an anti-racist, anti-oppression framework
● Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Police Records Check.
All staff are required to be fully vaccinated in accordance with NYWC’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
NYWC is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We welcome and encourage women from equity-deserving communities and intersecting identities to apply for this position.