Coordinator, Donor Care - War Child Canada
Coordinator, Donor Care
War Child Canada headquarters, Toronto, Ontario
Senior Manager, Development and Legacy Giving
War Child Canada works with war-affected communities to help children reclaim their childhood through access to education, opportunity, and justice. Currently, War Child works in Afghanistan, Sudan, South Sudan, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and Uganda.
War Child Canada is a registered Canadian charity based in Toronto
- Responding to donor requests/inquiries via phone, mail, and email.
- Contacting donors proactively to update missing, lapsed, or inaccurate information then updating Raiser’s Edge accordingly.
- Undertaking fulfillment of in-house mailings (e.g., welcome packages, thank you letters, reactivation letters, etc.)
- Undertaking weekly and monthly donor data entry tasks, specifically constituent and gift imports to Raiser’s Edge.
- Handling and documenting incoming donations in partnership with War Child Canada’s Finance department, including revenue from third-party platforms (e.g., CanadaHelps, ECHOage, etc.)
- Conducting the on-going hygiene protocol for Raiser’s Edge records to ensure that donor preferences are being honoured.
Donor Loyalty & Retention
- Supporting War Child Canada’s stewardship activities for retaining monthly donors and reactivating annual donors.
- Assisting with in-house and external donor upgrade programs.
- Track and fulfill planned gift information requests in coordination with Senior Manager, Philanthropy.
- Working with Senior Manager, Philanthropy, in maintaining the on-going program growth strategy and provide input into the Development department objectives, work plans, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinate with third-party vendors and partners if necessary to ensure that service delivery standards and deadlines are met.
- Producing regular reporting on departmental revenue targets for the Manager, Development as well as ad-hoc reporting as needed, e.g., meeting prep, briefing docs, pipeline/moves reports, etc.
- Documenting of donor requests, expectations, relationship milestones, and appropriate next steps within Raiser’s Edge.
- Monitoring and evaluation of industry trends and best practices to identify opportunities and recommend adjustments to improve the efficiency of War Child Canada’s systems and data management processes. Including coding and optimizing the database for RE NXT.
- Performing analysis as needed of fundraising performance data to assist in and inform data-driven decision making by the Development department.
- Coordinating with the Corporate and Community Engagement team to ensure event-related revenue is received, accounted for, and appropriately acknowledged in a timely manner.
- Reconciling Raiser’s Edge with War Child Canada’s Finance department monthly and at year-end.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge, including batch creation, constituent and gift importing Query, Export, Reports, and Mail functions.
- Experience using Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge/Luminate Online (RELO) importing tool or similar (SIE, Import-o-matic, etc.)
- Experience using Luminate Online (formerly known as Convio) for recurring gift management.
- Post-secondary education in fundraising, nonprofit management, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Membership in good standing with a professional fundraising association (e.g., AFP, AHP, CAGP, APRA, etc.) to demonstrate commitment to the profession.
- Relevant industry accreditations (bCRE, bCRE-Pro, bCLO, bCLC, CFRE, etc.).
Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills with minimal supervision
- Strong/Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated customer service skills and the ability to resolve donor issues courteously.
- Analytical skills and the ability to perform analysis on raw data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – telephone, in-person, email, and social media.
- Honesty and accountability with co-workers and partners.
- Extremely detail-oriented and places the utmost value upon accuracy.
- Employs a practical system thinking approach to their work.
- Positive, energetic, adaptable, and flexible.
- Proactively seeks out solutions to problems and roadblocks.
- Able to take initiative, work independently.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS ARE INVITED TO SEND A CURRICULUM VITAE AND AN ACCOMPANYING COVER LETTER ELECTRONICALLY TO:
Please ensure your application email has the subject heading of ‘Coordinator, Donor Care – [insert your name]’
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified. We regret we are unable to entertain phone calls. War Child Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
War Child Canada is committed to providing a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Final candidates will be vetted in accordance with War Child Canada’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Policy, including appropriate reference and security checks.
War Child Canada is committed to providing an accessible workplace. For individuals with disabilities, accommodation is available upon request. Should you require accommodation at any stage of the selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Candidates should be legally eligible to work in Canada. War Child Canada will not provide any relocation support.
For more information about War Child Canada, please visit www.warchild.ca