Coordinator, Children & Youth Services - Epilepsy Toronto
Epilepsy Toronto is a grassroots community service organization dedicated to independence and quality of life for all people with epilepsy and their families. We provide a wide spectrum of education and support services, including: individual and family counseling, group work, recreation services, employment consultation and job development, conferences, workshops, and public awareness initiatives.
We currently seek a Children & Youth Services Coordinator to provide assessment, counseling, group support, and case management to children with epilepsy and their families.
The successful candidate will be a highly energized, creative, and versatile professional with demonstrated counseling expertise in a multi-disciplinary health arena; an engaging personality, and acumen for building communities.
- Individual & Family Counseling, Case Management and System Navigation
- Parent / Child Support Programs and Groups
- School and Community Education, Liaison, Advocacy
- Outreach and Community Development
- Outcomes Evaluation
- Documentation and Clinical Data Entry
- MSW, registration in good standing with professional college, OCSWSSW or CRPO.
- Experience in individual and family counseling / education / case management / service navigation in a non-profit and/or social services environment
- Experience with crisis intervention, group facilitation, CBT counseling, workshops
- Experience with community liaison, outreach
- Ability to research information and present it in accessible lay terms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of epilepsy, an asset
- Cultural competency, including, but not limited to gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity and income
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Geoff Bobb: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful candidates will be contacted.