Coordinator, Accreditation - Imagine Canada
Imagine Canada is currently seeking a highly detail oriented and organized individual with strong communication skills to fill our Accreditation Coordinator role within our Standards Program. This position reports directly to the Manager, Standards Program, and will be responsible for all aspects of our accreditation process, including client support, volunteer coordination, quality assurance, and the implementation of new processes and systems.
Imagine Canada’s Standards Program offers accreditation to charities and nonprofits across the country based on standards designed to strengthen practices in the areas of governance, financial accountability and transparency, fundraising, staff management, and volunteer involvement.
Regular activities in this role will include communicating with applicants, helping them understand the evidence required for accreditation, conducting pre-screenings and providing timely feedback to applicants, hosting training webinars for volunteers, organizing peer review panels, and supporting the introduction of new standards and accreditation processes.
Key Responsibilities & Activities
Reporting to the Manager, Standards Program and working alongside others in Imagine Canada’s Enterprise team, the coordinator will:
- Understand the accreditation system; including all related program policies and procedures, and the evidence required across Standards
- Collaborate on the introduction of new processes and methods, ensuring clarity of tasks and duties
- Coordinate peer review panels and program deadlines, delivering high-quality service and ensuring the timely and effective distribution of the Trustmark to newly accredited nonprofit organizations
- Collaborate effectively and continuously liaise and coordinate among and across all functions in order to achieve a cohesive planning process in the lead-up to peer review panels
- Assist in the recruitment, training and oversight of volunteer peer reviewers, who will screen new applications, working according to strict timelines
- Troubleshoot, escalate, and resolve accreditation issues in a solutions-focused, positive manner
- Often act as an intermediary between peer reviewers, Imagine Canada management, partners, and accredited charities, relaying feedback and representing the needs of all parties
- Organize the annual compliance reporting process, providing timely service and support to accredited organizations
- Implement project work plan for onboarding Standards Program participants and peer reviewers to new and revised standards and accompanying guidance/templates
- Collaborate with other team members and departments on the execution of new projects and initiatives
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge & Experience
- Understanding of the environment in which Canadian charities and nonprofits operate and appreciation of the diversity of Canada’s charitable and nonprofit sector.
- Strong interest in nonprofit operations and board governance topics and issues, including human resources, financial management, fundraising, and volunteer management.
- College diploma or University degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years experience in nonprofit administration, program coordination, or program management ideally reporting to a senior staff person.
- An extremely strong appreciation for confidentiality, and an ability to earn the trust of nonprofit executives.
- Comfort managing multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing work without hard deadlines.
- Extremely strong attention to detail and time management skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to meet new and different people on a day-to-day basis and to quickly form relationships and understand needs.
- Ability to represent Imagine Canada in a warm, friendly, and enthusiastic manner, and put others at ease.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving ability with sound judgment and discretion.
- Experience and high degree of comfort using enterprise software like Salesforce, Google Drive, and Asana.
- Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset.
About Imagine Canada
We're a national, bilingual charity that works with and on behalf of Canada's charities, nonprofits, and social entrepreneurs to create an operating environment in which social good can thrive. We believe in a stronger Canada where charities work together, alongside business and government, to build vibrant communities. Established in 2005, our team of approximately 25 full-time staff are based in Toronto and Montreal.
What We Offer
- Be part of a leading national organization in a collegial environment with a smart group of dedicated staff and volunteers.
- Attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary and generous benefits. Very flexible working conditions.
- Opportunity to engage with a variety of thought leaders from charities and nonprofits across the country collectively working toward common goals.
- Opportunity to learn leading practices and emerging trends in the charitable sector.
- Leadership is forward-thinking, entrepreneurial, and supportive operating in an environment of integrity and collective commitment to achieving long-term goals.
Terms & Conditions
- Terms of Employment: Full time / Permanent
- Location: Toronto or Montreal preferred - home office candidates will also be considered
- Annual Salary Range: $42,400 to $55,200
- Deadline - External: September 17, 2020, 11pm ET
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com using the subject line “Coordinator, Accreditation” outlining why you are interested in the position as well as highlighting your relevant experiences. We are also hiring an Assistant, Client Services. If you would like to apply for both positions, we encourage you to indicate this within your cover letter.
No faxes or phone calls, please. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Imagine Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!