Cook - Toronto - LOFT Community Services
LOFT Community Services is committed to reflecting and responding to the diversity of the service users and communities we serve. Applications are encouraged which indicate diversity in culture, race, sexual orientation, gender identity and experience that reflects the clients we serve.
COOK - Toronto
1 Casual Position
The Relief Cook renders a range of services that relate to the operation of the kitchen. These responsibilities include the preparation and service of food for the meals as scheduled and for other special occasions as requested and the storing and stocking of food. Cleaning duties pertaining to maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen and dining room, as well as other delegated responsibilities, are included to ensure the efficient operation of the kitchen’s food service.
Note: Since the workplace involves working in client/client member’s own homes, staff may be subjected to second hand smoke while performing their job duties.
- Prepare/cook the food for scheduled meals, snacks and other occasions, as requested, according to the menu plan; prepare/cook appropriate food for those on special diets as required
- Ensure utensils, etc. are available for meals as scheduled.
- Serve meals at the specified times.
- Clean all dishes, utensils and equipment used in the preparation and service of the food provided by the kitchen.
- Clean all stoves, refrigerators, freezers, cupboards, pantry and all other equipment and areas that are associated with kitchen’s food service.
- Assist with inventory of stock rooms, storage areas and refrigerator/freezer units; accept and store deliveries/food in proper areas and according to policy.
- Fulfil other assignments as delegated by the Food Services Coordinator.
- 2-4 years kitchen/cooking experience and/or training;
- Knowledge of equipment used in the preparation of food;
- Able to lift up to 50lbs;
- Knowledge of health standards for the handling and storage of food;
- Knowledge of nutrition standards and special diet requirements;
- Knowledge of occupational Health and Safety Standards;
- Ability to communicate in English, oral and written;
- Valid Food Handler’s Certificate;
- Basic knowledge of programs and services available at LOFT Community Services.
TO APPLY: Send resume with covering letter to Human Resources, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE INCLUDE “COOK – Toronto” IN THE SUBJECT BAR OF ANY EMAILS OR ON YOUR COVER LETTER
CLOSING DATE: July 26, 2019 by 5:00 pm